Zeid is a Galka in Final Fantasy XI. The player has to meet him to get a sword in which they have to kill 100 creatures with. When they do, they will be able to use the Dark Knight Job. Outside of teaching the way of Dark Knight, he is involved in Bastok's history, as a member of the Mythril Musketeers for two generations. Zeid is the final boss of the Bastok Missions.
An alter ego, or "cipher", of Zeid may be summoned by players to assist them in combat under the Trust system.
Twenty-six years before the start of the game, Zeid was a member of a platoon of Galka that had been sent from the Republic of Bastok to fight a number of powerful monsters summoned by the Shadow Lord. During their journey, they were attacked by a large number of monsters, completely outnumbered they called from assistance from a nearby squad to no avail. As the only survivor, Zeid swore revenge for his fallen comrades.
Taking the name "Darksteel Hurricane", Zeid carved the symbol of his platoon on to his forehead and proceeded to murder a number of political leaders who had a hand in the demise of his troupe. Mission complete, Zeid made his way to Xarcabard, unknowingly followed by Klara Bester, Captain of the Mythril Musketeers. She discovered that the demon was manipulating Zeid, feeding his anger and hate towards Humes in order to turn him into a powerful solider for the Shadow Lord. Klara rescued Zeid destroying the demon and the crystal that gave it power.
Discovering the truth behind Zeid's actions, Klara offered him a position in the Mythril Musketeers. She promised his secret was safe with her.
Missions and QuestsEdit
- Main article: Zeid (Boss)
- Involved in Missions
- San d'Oria Mission 5-1: The Ruins of Fei'Yin
- Bastok Mission 5-1: Darkness Rising
- Windurst Mission 5-1: The Final Seal
- San d'Oria Mission 5-2: The Shadow Lord
- Bastok Mission 5-2: Xarcabard, Land of Truths
- Windurst Mission 5-2: The Shadow Awaits
- Bastok Mission 8-1: The Chains That Bind Us
- Bastok Mission 9-2: Where Two Paths Converge
- Zilart Mission 1: The New Frontier
- Zilart Mission 7: The Chamber of Oracles
- Zilart Mission 8: Return to Delkfutt's Tower
- Zilart Mission 13: The Gate of the Gods
- Zilart Mission 16: The Celestial Nexus
- Involved in Quests
- Blade of Darkness
- Blade of Death
- Blade of Evil
- Dark Puppet
I don't play by others' rules...so get outta my way.
- —Zeid's alter ego, when summoned
Zeid is available to everyone as a Trust Magic during the 11'th Vana'versary Login Campaigns No. 6, No. 9, and No. 11 for 500 points as an Alter Ego Cipher. His job is Dark Knight. He wields a greatsword and uses greatsword weapon skills as well as his own specialty attacks, Abyssal Drain (which drains HP) and Abyssal Strike (which inflicts Stun status). He does not use Shadow of Rage when summoned with Trust magic. He will cast Absorb- spells, Drain, Aspir, elemental nukes, and will interrupt monsters readying their abilities by casting Stun on them.
Zeid appears in the Japanese Final Fantasy trading card game published by Square Enix.
- Zeid came in eleventh place in a Final Fantasy XI NPC Popularity Contest held by Square Enix in June 2013. Current players of the game were given an opportunity to vote for their favorite NPC and share ideas for stories involving these characters.