Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yoshinori Kitase (北瀬 佳範, Kitase Yoshinori?) is a Japanese former game director and current game producer working for Square Enix. He has directed three Final Fantasy games: Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy VIII.
He became a producer after Hironobu Sakaguchi promoted him to the position. He made his debut as a producer with Final Fantasy X. Since then, he has produced Final Fantasy X-2, the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Mobius Final Fantasy and the forthcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Kitase graduated in cinema at the Nihon University College of Art. In 1990, he was hired by Square, even though he didn't have any computer knowledge. His role was that of an "event scripter"; he would direct the characters' expressions and movements, the settings and the timing of music transitions, much like a stage director.
Hironobu Sakaguchi, creator of the Final Fantasy series, chose Kitase to be producer of the mainline Final Fantasy games developed by Product Development Division 1. Kitase chose Motomu Toriyama as his successor as director.
Works within the seriesEdit
- Kitase has stated that his favorite game in the series is Final Fantasy VII and his favorite character is Cloud Strife.
- Tetsuya Nomura stated he considers Yoshinori Kitase one of his four "seniors", and an influence on his game direction.
- Kitase has stated his favorite Final Fantasy X scene is the ending. Specifically when Yuna attempts to run into Tidus's arms.
- ↑ 『ライトニング リターンズ ファイナルファンタジーXIII』開発者・宣伝担当インタビュー (Accessed: November 28, 2016) at Famitsu.com
- ↑ FF Committee members
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1OvupaRYCM
- ↑ http://www.videogamer.com/psp/dissidia_final_fantasy/news/yoshinori_kitase_on_ffxiii_ffvii_and_dissidia.html?page=2
- ↑ http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Nintendo-3DS-Third-Party-Game-Developers/Vol-11-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3D-Dream-Drop-Distance-/3-Square-s-Intentions/3-Square-s-Intentions-839620.html
- ↑ http://www.denkiphile.com/2014/03/16/interview-with-final-fantasy-director-kitase-yoshinori-and-art-director-naora-yusuke/