Yew's Diary is a key item in Bravely Second: End Layer. It is a journal belonging to Yew Geneolgia that serves as the in-game primer for plot events and gameplay data, and can be accessed from the touch screen menu. It is constantly updated as further elements are unlocked.
- About Yew's Diary
Behold the majestic "U" on its cover! All right, "Yew" doen't begin with the letter "U", but Yew already knew that, didn't U?
- Master of Monsters
Ever the scholar, Yew keeps detailed notes on the creatures he encounters in his personal bestiary. Defeat the same enemy multiple times, and fill its pages with all sorts of trivia and helpful information!
- Opening the Diary
Press right on the +Control Pad or touch the left side of the lower screen to open the map menu, then tap the diary icon of press the A Button.
Originally, Yew keep the diary to himself which he uses to write his exploits and encountering monsters. But after being joined by Edea Lee, Magnolia Arch, and Tiz Arrior, Yew is forced to let them add their own opinions to his entries.
Yew's Diary is divided into six submenus, with the Help submenu divided into two sections. It should be noted that Yew's Diary is written mostly by Yew, though the other characters make entries and are denoted by a different color and icon.
- Records all enemies and bosses fought, doubling as character profiles in case of the bosses.
- Item Guide
- Records all items, consumables and equipment, obtained in the game.
- Contains supplemental documents and accounts written in the past by other characters.
- Special Abilities
- Lists all special abilities for the Catmancer and Patissier jobs.
- Tutorials unlocked during the game are kept here.
- Information on jobs when they are first obtained is kept here.
- Event Viewer
- Allows the player to view all unlocked main scenario/side story cutscenes, Party Chats, Battle Events, Tent Events and FMVs.
The theme "Ready to Go?" plays while viewing Yew's Diary.