Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Yang Fang Leiden/Opera Omnia page!
A muscle-bound monk and leader of the kingdom of Fabul who accompanies Cecil on his quest to protect the crystals. His strict discipline and unyielding spirit has gotten his allies out of trouble on countless occasions. He cowers before no one─with the exception of his beloved wife.
Yang is shirtless, with red bands on his wrists, red pants tied at the ankle, a yellow sash around his waist, and flat brown shoes. He also wears red earrings, and has a red tattoo on his left shoulder.
- Faerie Claws (IV): 4★ relic weapon. It consists of metal straps that hold on the the user's hand. The nails are sharp pieces of light metal.
- Dragon Claw (IV): 5★ relic weapon. It is based on a gauntlet consisted on a dark metal grip decorated with a small light blue jewel embedded on it. The weapon features three dragon-like claws on the knuckles of the gauntlet which have golden details on the nails and other parts of the claw.
- Cat Claws (IV): 5★ relic weapon. It features a red leather glove decorated with iron-looking details and claws on the knuckles of the glove.
- Kenpo Gi (IV): 4★ relic armor.
- Black Belt Gi (IV): 5★ relic armor. It is sleeveless and features oriental-based decorations embroidered on it. It also features a second belt, this one red, beneath the black one.
The Dragon Claws is an exclusive weapons for Yang in Final Fantasy IV, the rest of the claws can also be equipped by Edge Geraldine. Also, the Kenpo Gi and Black Belt Gi can be worn by all the members of the party, with the exception of Cecil Harvey during his time as dark knight.
Yang's manikin counterpart is called Yang Manikin.
Summoned into the conflict by Materia, this polite and protective monk is recruited by Mog at the Snowy Peaks of Crudelis. Although Cecil recognizes him and attempts to greet him as a friend, Yang is under the control of Kefka and attacks the party. Defeating him brings him back to his senses. Yang is ashamed of having been made to fight his friends, but Terra, who had also been controlled, assures him that it wasn't his fault and that he can make up for it by joining them to close the Torsions.
- Command abilities
|Bravery Attack||BRV, Melee|
|Default 1-hit attack that lowers the enemies' bravery gauge.|
|HP Attack||HP, Melee|
|Default 1-hit attack that lowers the enemies' HP gauge.|
| Melee 2-hits BRV attack and HP attack.|
Deals 10% HP damage to enemies that aren't targeting Yang.
Greatly raises BRV damage for 3 turns with Focus.
|Grants the buffs ATK Up II and MAX BRV Up I for 2 turns to self.|
- Passive abilities
- Artwork and screenshots
- Yang attacking the party when first encountered is a reference to his temporary brainwashed state in Baron in Final Fantasy IV.