Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Xarcabard is a location in Final Fantasy XI. It is an ice-covered land in the Valdeaunia region, with ruins dotting the landscape. There are ruins of the Dark Kindred throughout the area, as well as some ruins from a more ancient civilization. The terrain is very mountainous, making travel in the northern parts of Xarcabard more complicated. Giants, demons and undead roam the snowy area. There have also been reports of dragon sightings.
Xarcabard Auroras Edit
Auroras can be found in the Xarcabard area, appearing most prominently in the foothills of the terrain leading up to Castle Zvahl. While the auroras may be mesmerizing, they can also distract adventurers from the real dangers that stalk the outside of Castle Zvahl, such as demons and undead. Adventurers are advised to explore with caution.
The ahriman NM Shadow Eye can be found near the auroras in Xarcabard.
Connected Areas Edit
(D-8), Dynamis - Xarcabard
(J-9) and Abyssea - Uleguerand
(H-8) added. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by uploading images.
- Breaking Barriers: The player must search for a figure of Garuda, located on the northern end of Xarcabard.
- A Challenge! You Could Be a Winner: The player must successfully answer three multiple-choice questions in a row about their gameplay statistics in order to complete the challenge in Xarcabard and move on to the next challenge.
- Lost Soul
- Cursed Weapon
- Blizzard Gigas
- Frost Gigas
- Gigas's Tiger*assists Frost Gigas
- Graupel Gigas
- Hail Gigas
- Evil Eye
- Demon Knight
- Demon Pawn
- Demon Warlock
- Demon's Elemental*assists Demon Warlock
- Demon Wizard
- Shadow Dragon
- Dark Elemental*during gloom or miasma
- Ice Elemental*during snow or blizzards
Notorious Monsters Edit
Other appearances Edit
"Xarcabard" is the eponymous track that plays in this area. As with other original field areas, the "Battle Theme" plays during solo battles in the area, and "Battle Theme #2" plays during battles in a party.