The Wyvern Lord is a Rank II Mark from Final Fantasy XII. It is the eighth hunt mentioned in the Clan Primer and becomes available after the events of Dreadnought Leviathan when Ashe joins the party permanently. A breed of Avion, Wyvern Lord is encountered in the Simoon Bluff area of the Nam-Yensa Sandsea.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 08: A Scream from the Sky Edit
- Petitioner: Sherral
- Petitioner's Location: Rabanastre (weapon shop)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of the Wyvern Lord (Rank II). The petitioner is Sherral at the weaponsmith's in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. Sherral apparently spotted a Wyvern Lord while on patrol in the sandsea. He hopes the beast can be dealt with before it threatens the city. The Wyvern Lord is to be found on the western edge of the Nam-Yensa Sandsea.
- Wyvern Lord defeated! Report to Sherral at the weaponsmith's in Rabanastre.
- Hunt reported.
Bestiary entry Edit
This winged Monster was sighted by Imperials investigating the Nam-Yensa Sandsea, left unpatrolled since the Fall of Rabanastre. Several Incidents involving Damage to Property have resulted from its violent Disposition and Tendency to strike anything that moves. Bill posted by a well-meaning Imperial Soldier, seeking to ensure the Safety of the City.
The Wyvern Lord is a flying enemy, meaning the party can only attack it with magick, ranged weapons, the Telekinesis Technick or Quickenings. The Wyvern Lord is vulnerable to Sleep; if the party manage to sleep it, they can bombard it with magick without it waking up. The Wyvern's Breath attack is strong, but used only once per battle. Its attacks are mainly Wind-elemental and can be defended against with Windbreakers.
The rare steal from Wyvern Lord is the Wyvern Wing. Two are needed for the Bazaar item Arcturus. If the player fails to steal it, they must zone two areas away and return to try again. Player should make use of the Immobilize glitch to keep one character near the zone to the south so as to keep from having to walk all the way back upon failing to steal.
- 1,000 gil
- Longbowin the International Zodiac Job System, the Elfin Bow will be received instead
- Shell Shield
wyvern is a medieval European mythological winged creature with a dragon's head, reptilian body, two legs (sometimes none), and a barbed tail. They appear in many crests of Europe's ancient families, symbolizing strength. The word wyvern comes from wivere, which means serpent.A