|Balthier: I'm afraid the jury's still out on that one.|
|This article or section is about a title that's still to be released. As such, some of the information might be inaccurate or likely to change. Please look over our policy for updating articles covering upcoming games before editing this page.|
World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo is an online multiplayer video game based on World of Final Fantasy.
In a similar fashion to its main-game predecessor, players have the ability to train their Mirages in a place known as the Garden. They can provide their Mirages with gems known as "Rise" that are obtainable from exploring and adventuring. Rise allows the Mirages to grow and gain varying stats throughout their growth, allowing the player access to unique Mirages that can learn a multitude of abilities.
Players can utilize the stacking mechanic present in the predecessor game, allowing advantages and disadvantages in battle per the combination of Mirages.
Champions and Mega Mirages also come back as a function during battle when stacking specific Mirages together. The special move summons a Champion from the Final Fantasy series to aid in battle.
The Dome Challenge feature allows players to play with their friends in battle and gain exclusive Mirages and items as rewards.
- Player Lilikin - As a "Dome-User" you'll use powers of the "Garden Dome" that lets you befriend Mirages and start all kinds of miracles in the alternate world that is Valgallan.
- Mel - A mirage who takes care of the player and provides support. He has a butler-like demeanor and has a polite way of talking. He'll help out as a navigator but won't participate in battles.
- Tama - A Mirage who supports the player within the Garden Dome. She'll help for Garden Dome and Mirage upbringing. Originally she's been helping various people across different worlds but has left Valgallan to Meru.
- Serafie - A Mirage that provides informational support within the player's Garden Dome. She uses a special ability called “Gossip Gather” that allows her to observe the player's surroundings. She's a self-proclaimed mascot character.
- Nevan - A mysterious Mirage that was sealed in the Whitey's capsule for a long time. After hearing that the player has entered the Mirage Dome, an embodiment of the Mirage's heart, Nevan forces itself into your party. She's logical and understanding, so it doesn't seem like she's a bad Mirage...
- Whitey Gang - These guys use a capsule-like object that seals Mirages. The group consists of the rather air-headed Whitey, the serious attendant Seryu, and the somewhat of a klutz in Pui-Pui. They seem to have a big objective and appear before the player...
- Lann & Reynn - Twin brother and sisters from an alternate world that isn't Valgallan, and knows how to use Mirages. They appeared to have arrived in Valgallan out of nowhere.
- Enna Kros - She's a nice person but can be a bit of a self-proclaimed God. In response to the cries of help from Valgallan, she leads the Player to the alternate world and unlocks their power. As a God, she doesn't interfere much with any of the worlds herself.
“Valgallan.” There is a world where legendary beings called Mirages and small people known as “Lilikins” coexist.
The earth, which is said to be “the source of all energy,” is divided into five magical powers—“fire,” “ice,” “forest,” “light,” and “dark”—and is protected by five “Mythical Beast Kings” who specialize in each power.
However, the “day of calamity” will come…
During the ceremony celebrating one thousand years since the founding of the Baron, King Cecil was suddenly swallowed up by darkness and went missing.
And so the [Player] was summoned to Valgallan.
With their “Garden User” ability that enables them to befriend Mirages, the [Player] will go on an adventure to change the fate of destruction engulfing the world.
The game was in development, due for a release in later 2017. Closed beta testing lasted from November 25, 2017 to November 29, 2017 at 4:59 PM. The beta was limited to 10,000 players and a code was required to participate.The game was officially released on December 12, 2017.
Pre-registration rewards will be made available on its initial release depending on the number of pre-registered players.
The following pre-registrations will yield certain rewards:
- 50,000 pre-registrations – 1,000 total Crystal Chips
- 100,000 pre-registrations – Avatar Acecssory: Cat
- 200,000 pre-registrations – 1,500 total Crystal Chips
- 300,000 pre-registrations – 2,000 total Crystal Chips
- 350,000 pre-registrations – Player Costumes: White Mage and Black Mage
- 400,000 pre-registations – 2,500 total Crystal Chips
- 450,000 pre-registrations - 3,500 total Crystal Chips
- 500,000 pre-registrations - Mirage: Shiva 4★
The word mélimélo is French for "mishmash" or "hodgepodge", meaning a collection of miscellany.
- The Final Fantasy world is called the "World of Final Fantasy" in an episode of Captain N: The Game Master.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 https://gematsu.com/2017/11/world-final-fantasy-meli-melo-debut-trailer-first-details
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/21/world-final-fantasy-meli-melo-gets-first-trailer-screenshots-story-character-details/
- ↑ http://special.member.jp.square-enix.com/woffmm/