World A (I)
Below is a list of locations in the world of the original Final Fantasy.
The world was never named in the original game, but is referred to as World A in Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy. This world is shown in the ending of Dissidia Final Fantasy and Light to All in Dissidia 012, and it also has a near-duplicate world called World B where the Dissidia games take place.
- Cornelia: where the journey begins, with the Warriors of Light arriving with four Crystals (Orbs).
- Pravoka: a town taken by the pirates led by Bikke.
- Elfheim: home of the elves.
- Mount Duergar: home of the Dwarves.
- Melmond: an agricultural city ruined by the rotten land, also home to the scientist Dr. Unne.
- Crescent Lake: a city in the middle of a lake. Home of the Circle of Sages.
- Gaia: a city in a distant island, surrounded by mountains and home to fairies.
- Onrac: a city whose shrine was sunken by violent storms centuries ago.
- Lufenia: city of the Lufenians, whose language is initially undecipherable.
- Chaos Shrine: initially, where Garland keeps Sara hostage; then, it houses a portal to the past.
- Marsh Cave: a cave where the Warriors of Light retrieve a Crown.
- Western Keep: home of the Dark Elf Astos.
- Cavern of Earth: home of the Vampire and the Earth Fiend Lich.
- Mount Gulg: a volcano where the Fire Fiend Marilith lives.
- Cavern of Ice: a frozen cave which houses the Levistone.
- Citadel of Trials: where the Warriors of Light are sent by Bahamut to test their courage.
- Sunken Shrine: a temple sunken centuries ago, home of the Mermaids, and taken by the Water Fiend Kraken.
- Waterfall Cavern: a cave atop a waterfall, which houses a Warp Cube.
- Mirage Tower: a tower which leads to the Flying Fortress.
- Flying Fortress: a fortress built by the Lufenians, taken by the Air Fiend Tiamat.
- Matoya's Cave: home of the witch Matoya.
- Giant's Cave: a cave blocked by a Titan.
- Sage's Cave: home of the sage Sadda.
- Ryukahn Desert: where the Lufenians hid an airship.
- Desert near Onrac: where a Caravan is found.
- Great Desert: huge desert that the Mirage Tower is found in.
Dawn of Souls bonus dungeonsEdit
- Earthgift Shrine: four Final Fantasy III bosses, Two-Headed Dragon, Ahriman, Echidna, and Cerberus.
- Hellfire Chasm: four Final Fantasy IV bosses, Scarmiglione, Cagnazzo, Barbariccia and Rubicante.
- Lifespring Grotto: four Final Fantasy V bosses, Gilgamesh, Atomos, Shinryu and Omega.
- Whisperwind Cove: four Final Fantasy VI bosses, Typhon, Orthros, Phantom Train and Death Gaze.