|Final Fantasy XII Mark|
|ワイルドモルボル (Wairudo Moruboru)|
|Location||The Feywood (Redolent Glade)|
|Common Steal||Malboro Flower|
|Uncommon Steal||Foul Liquid|
|Rare Steal||Virgo Gem|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||Attack 6-hit max; may inflict Confuse, Lunge|
|Abilities||Cloying Breath, Hero's March, Purify, Bad Breath, Soul Etude, Putrid Breath|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Null EVA, Adrenaline, HP Devour, Counter|
HP <50% - Counter Plus
If Soul Etude up and HP<20% - Attack CT 0 and Paling
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Confuse, Sleep, Disease, Reverse, Disable, Immobilize, Poison, Oil, Sap, Lure, Berserk, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Protect, Shell, and Haste.|
Has 50% Bravery and Faith.
The Wild Malboro is a Rank VI Mark from Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after the storyline events in Ancient City of Giruvegan. It can be found in the Redolent Glade area of the Feywood, the place where Rafflesia was fought. Wild Malboro is also fought in the International Zodiac Job System Trial Mode at stage 69 along with four Cassies.
Hunt 29: A Wild StenchEdit
- Petitioner: Rena
- Petitioner's Location: Eruyt Village
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a wild malboro (Rank VI). The petitioner is Rena in the Spiritwood of Eruyt Village.
- Hunt accepted. Rena claims that the wild malboro's powerful stench has been disturbing her people. The wild malboro is to be found in the Feywood.
- Wild malboro defeated! Report to Rena in the Spiritwood of Eruyt Village.
- Hunt reported. Rena tells you those afflicted by the stench are already beginning to recover.
- Genus: Rank VI Mark
- Classification: Malboro
- “Being a mutant Form of Malboro, one of the few remaining in the Feywood, distinguished by its foul Breath which is several Times more rank than that of the typical Malboro. Generally regarded as a Threat to the delicate Balance of Life in the Wood, the Viera have watched it with great Disapproval. Viera Warriors have attempted its Extermination several Times, but were foiled by their own acute Sense of Smell (a considerable Disadvantage in such a Fight), and so a Bill was posted.”
Wild Malboro is flanked with a few Malboros, and both monsters will inflict a plethora of status ailments. When the Wild Malboro's HP hits HP Critical, his Defense will increase, as well as his rate of inflicting status ailments on the party. When his HP is critical, Wild Malboro may use Soul Etude to fully replenish his HP. It can also set up a physical paling.
One can use Faith-boosted Aeroga (or two to be sure) to wipe the Malboros out. The player should bring a healthy stock of Remedies and have all its Lores. Equipping long-ranged weapons to bash Wild Malboro from afar might be a good idea; Fomalhaut with Windslicer Shots is useful. One might want to bring Hi-Ethers or Elixirs to replenish MP.
- 4,600 gil
- Euclid's Sextant
Marlboro Cigarettes, since the creatures often spew horrid fumes."Malboro" may derive from the Japanese onomatopoeia boro, the sound of an upset stomach. Their name may also be derived from the Latin and Greek words mal (meaning bad) and boros (meaning breath), a reference to their infamous attack. The name could also be a reference to