|Final Fantasy XII Mark|
|ホワイトムース (Howaito Mūsu)|
|Location||Garamsythe Waterway (West Sluice Control)|
|Uncommon Steal||Echo Herbs|
|Common Drop||Broken Key|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||(5-hit max, may inflict Sleep), Slap|
|Abilities||Waterga, Slowga, Toxify, Flash|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Resist Guns and Measures, Null VIT, Adrenaline|
If HP <20% - Spellspring, Magic CT= 0
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Disease, Reverse, Slow, Disable, Immobilize, Silence, Poison, Oil, Sap, Lure, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has 50% Shell.|
The White Mousse is a Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt can be undertaken after the player vanquishes the Wyvern Lord. White Mousse is a breed of flan that lives in the West Sluice Control area of the Garamsythe Waterway.
Hunt 06: Lost in the PuddingEdit
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a White Mousse (Rank V). The petitioner is Sorbet at Westgate in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. Sorbet explains that the White Mousse ate a key he had been carrying. The White Mousse is to be found near the West Sluice Control of the Garamsythe Waterway.
- White Mousse defeated! Report to Sorbet at Westgate in Rabanastre.
- Hunt reported. Sorbet claims he can have the key you returned repaired...
- Though the key was repaired, Sorbet no longer had use of it and gave it to you.
- Genus: Rank V Mark
- Classification: Mutant Flan
- “Rarely, during the little-understood process of Subdivision by which Flan multiply, a Flan of purest White is born, this being the White Mousse. Known for its Tendency to swallow prey Whole, its Digestion requiring no masticatory assistance. Posted as a Mark by a certain Moogling Moogle who lost an Article of some Value.”
The White Mousse's attacks include Waterga, which acts like the Water spell except that it is on par with the Level 3 elemental spells, physical attacks and Flash, which inflicts Blind and Slowga Slow to the entire party. White Mousse is weak against Fire.
A good strategy is to cast Blind and Berserk on it, which will inhibit its ability to attack with offensive magick, though its physical attacks will be stronger. Berserk wears off over time. The battle can be made easier by waiting until after defeating Judge Bergan and buying three Viking Coats to avoid Water damage, and equipping Goggle Masks to avoid the Blind status.
One strategy to defeating this monster is by using the Nihopalaoa accessory. The chance of landing a successful spell against White Mousse is quite low, but by using Nihopalaoa + Eye Drops the party can blind him on the first attempt, and using Bacchus's Wine (without Nihopalaoa) will berserk it. It is also vulnerable to Sleep and can be put to sleep with either the Nihopalaoa + Alarm Clock or the Green Magick spell Sleep.
Once the mark is asleep, the party should use Fire, Fira or summon the Esper Belias. White Mousse has plenty of HP, and one dose of Sleep may not be enough. Flame Staves will increase the damage output from Fire-elemental attacks.
Another way to defeat White Mousse is to cast Reflect or Reflectga and then Fira or Firaga on the party. For each spell cast, the White Mousse will take three spells. If all of the characters cast Fira or Firaga, the spells will strike nine times (twelve if the party has a guest party member). However, the White Mousse will also heal itself with the reflected Waterga.
The player will also receive a Broken Key after the battle, which can be given to Sorbet outside of the Rabanastre aerodrome to obtain the Sluice Gate Key. The Sluice Gate Key allows the player to manipulate the water levels in the Garamsythe Waterway to battle and obtain the Esper Cúchulainn, but is not repaired until the Tomb of Raithwall is completed.