The Western Altepa Desert is a location in Final Fantasy XI.
- Position: (I-6)
- Position: (G-7)
The Oasis of HubolEdit
- Position: (E-9)
- Position: (H-9)
- Position: (G-10), (H-5), (L-6)
These mysterious rifts are disturbances in the fabric of time and space. It is from here that extradimensional invaders of unknown origin, collectively known as "Voidwalkers", breach into Vana'diel. To stem the tide of invasion, adventurers may volunteer themselves in Voidwatch operations to dispatch these intruders at the source. The fiend Sabotender Campeador can be found at the Planar Rifts here.
- Rabao - (L-5)
- A tunnel leading to Rabao can be found in the northeastern corner of this area.
- Eastern Altepa Desert - (G-10), (K-7)
- Two tunnel paths lead to the Eastern Altepa Desert.
- Quicksand Caves - (D-10), (D-11), (D-12), (F-6), (G-6), (G-9), (H-9), (J-7), (J-9)
- Although numerous entrances to the Quicksand Caves exist here, only 3 of them can be accessed from the desert.
- Korroloka Tunnel - (M-8)
- A path to the east leads to Korroloka Tunnel.
- Kuftal Tunnel - (H-4)
- The Kuftal Tunnel can be found to the north of the desert.