Specializing in combat, the Warrior has high attack and defense and can wield any weapon.
- —Dawn of Souls Instructions
- See also: Warrior (job) and Warrior (Dissidia)
The Warrior (せんし, Senshi?), also known as the Fighter, is the most versatile member of the Warriors of Light in the original Final Fantasy. He has access to the best weapons and armor available, and has impressive Strength and Stamina. The Fighter also has the most HP out of any character class. His main drawback is his dependence on powerful equipment, making him a rather expensive class to maintain.
The Fighter's sprite was originally depicted with red hair in the NES version of Final Fantasy, partially due to the palette limitations of the hardware. He was depicted with dishwater blond hair in the WonderSwan Color version and has remained as such in all subsequent releases. His artwork depicts him of having dark blue armor and horns on his helmet, and the FMV depicts him with white hair.
|Weapons||Battle Axe - Great Axe - Light Axe - Mythril Axe - Hammer - Mythril Hammer - Staff - Power Staff - Crosier - Knife - Dagger - Mythril Knife - Rapier - Scimitar - Saber - Falchion - Broadsword - Rune Blade - Werebane - Coral Sword - Wyrmkiller - Long Sword - Claymore - Mythril Sword - Flame Sword - Ice Brand - Sunblade - Masamune|
|Armor||Clothes - Leather Armor - Chain Mail - Iron Armor - Knight's Armor - Mythril Mail - Flame Mail - Ice Armor - Copper Armlet - Silver Armlet - Ruby Armlet - Diamond Armlet|
|Shields||Leather Shield - Iron Shield - Buckler - Mythril Shield - Flame Shield - Ice Shield - Aegis Shield - Protect Cloak|
|Helmets||Leather Cap - Helm - Great Helm - Mythril Helm - Ribbon|
|Gloves||Leather Gloves - Bronze Gloves - Steel Gloves - Mythril Gloves - Giant's Gloves - Protect Ring|
After completing the Citadel of Trials, Bahamut, the Dragon King, upgrades the Warrior to the rank of Knight (ナイト, Naito?). As a Knight, he is able to equip nearly every weapon and armor in the game and is able to cast low-level White Magic spells. In all versions, it is recommended to promote the Warrior sooner than later, as being upgraded too late runs the risk of decreased spell charges (MP in later editions). The costume looks exactly the same except inverted colors and a head ornament and a cape.
|Weapons||All Warrior weapons, Thor's Hammer, Cat Claws, Venom Blade, Vorpal Sword, Defender, Excalibur|
|Armor||All Warrior armor, Diamond Armor, Dragon Mail|
|Shields||All Warrior shields, Diamond Shield|
|Helmets||All Warrior helms, Healing Helm, Diamond Helm|
|Gloves||All Warrior gloves, Diamond Gloves - Gauntlets - Giant's Gloves|
|White Magic||Cure - Protect - Blink - NulShock - Invis - Blindna - Silence - NulBlaze - Cura|
In the Dawn of Souls and 20th Anniversary versions as well as all subsequent remakes based on these versions, there are ten optional auto-names for the different character classes. Each name is a reference to another character or location name in the Final Fantasy series.
The ten names for the Warrior class are:
- Argus - Location in Final Fantasy III.
- Alus - Character in Final Fantasy III.
- Banon - Character in Final Fantasy VI.
- Baron - Location in Final Fantasy IV.
- Desh - Character in Final Fantasy III.
- Doma - Location in Final Fantasy VI.
- Giott - Character in Final Fantasy IV.
- Leo - Character in Final Fantasy VI.
- Sasune - Location in Final Fantasy III.
- Zeza - Character in Final Fantasy V.
In the Final Fantasy: Memory of Heroes novelization, the Warrior's name is given as Zest.
The Warrior from Final Fantasy has a Triple Triad card.
Non-Final Fantasy Appearances Edit
For Palico Support Nomura created the Purrity Palico Armor set, which is based on the Warrior of Light.
- The sprites of the Knight form of this job from the PlayStation version onwards look similar to Cecil Harvey's sprites as a Paladin in Final Fantasy IV except with a different head ornament.
- In the original NES version, at the party selection screen, the Warrior appears along with the Thief, Monk, and Red Mage as the default party, making them the first characters to be seen in the Final Fantasy series.
- In the official novelization the Warrior leads the Warriors of Light and carries the Fire Crystal.