|Relm: I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!||This article is in need of a few pictures. Perhaps you can help by uploading and adding a picture or two.|
Warcry (雄叫び, Otakebi?), is a recurring ability in the series, usually used by enemies though usable by player characters in certain games. It inflicts a status effect on targets, though this status effect varies per appearance.
Warcry is an ability available to Warriors.
- Enhances attacks of party members within area of effect.
- Obtained: Warrior Level 35
- Recast Time: 5 minutes (-10 seconds with each Merit Points upgrade)
- Duration: 30 seconds
- Due to the brief duration and long recast time, it is often used immediately before the party attempts a skillchain or the user does a Weapon Skill.
- The attack boost increases with the user's level with main job or subjob Warrior.
- Enmity added to the user varies depending on how many people the effect lands on. Should it land on all 6 party members, the enmity generated is equal to Provoke.
- Does not stack with Boost. Warcry will have no effect if Boost is active.
- If the effect is stolen via Aura Steal, the amount of attack increase is the same as the increase on the monster it was stolen from.
War Cry is an ability of the seeq Viking and hume Paladin job classes. It adds a Resilience stat onto targets that surround the unit. For seeq, it can be learned from the Francisca, and for humes, it can be learned from the Oblige. This ability costs 300 AP to master.
Increases ATK for all allies.
A Warcry or battle cry is a yell or chant taken up in battle, usually by members of the same military unit. Battle cries are not necessarily articulate, although they often aim to invoke patriotic or religious sentiment. Their purpose is a combination of arousing aggression and esprit de corps on one's own side and causing intimidation on the hostile side.