Know This Edit
- FFVI is the best game in the series. Don't let anyone tell you different.
- Expect a bunch of bad jokes about movies.
- Umaro sucks. All he does is attack and while he's good at it, still, it's only attacking. He's worthless.
- Relm, Celes and Terra are the best mages in the game, Relm because of her high magic power, and Celes and Terra thanks to all their awesome female-only equipment like the Minerva. These three get first priority for new Espers and spells.
- Physicals are bad. Well, not bad, but most characters can do things that are better. Edgar should fire his crossbow, Sabin should Blitz, etc.
- If I tell you to buy a certain item or take the time to level up and earn cash, do it. If you can't beat a boss because you're too weak or are too poor to buy good items, don't come crying to me.
- The translators were high when they were re-translating some of the names, which is how the Rhinotaur became the Belmodar. Don't be surprised to see some things referred to by their Super NES names. In fact, expect it.
- Clocks like to hide Elixirs. Check every clock you see for an Elixir.
- Although I make a point of saying "buy new weapons and armor", when it comes to items like Potions, Phoenix Downs, Remedies, etc, I'm operating under the assumption you keep your stock high, although I'll still remind you occasionally.
Just remember the above, listen to me, and you'll be fine. Anyway, here's the walkthrough.
Also, CSM has a walkthrough for the original Super NES version of the game. It may prove helpful for more in-depth details.
Boss Template Edit
I use a Boss Template for my walkthroughs. The template gives the boss' HP, MP, and which of its attacks are dangerous. Steal is the item the boss has to steal, Morph is what the boss turns into when the game has the option to turn enemies into items, and drop is what the boss drops at the end of the fight. Weakness is what the boss is weak to, and resistance is what is a bad idea to attack it with. I also rate bosses on a scale of 1 to 5;
|Rating||What it means|
|1/5||If you lose, you're a disgrace to the RPG genre|
|2/5||You shouldn't have too much trouble if you're careful|
|3/5||This boss poses a bit of a threat, but you should win|
|4/5||You'll probably die at least once fighting this boss|
|5/5||Kick your heels behind your head and kiss your ass goodbye|
- Invading and Escaping Narshe
- Figaro and Mt. Colts
- The Returner Hideout and Lete River
- Locke's Scenario
- Terra and Edgar's Scenario and Sabin's Scenario
- Sabin's Scenario Continued
- Defending Narshe and exploring the West
- Zozo and Magicite
- The Opera and the Southern Continent
- Vector and the Magitek Research Facility
- Return to Narshe and Subquests
- The journey to the Esper world
- The Imperial Banquet
- Thamasa and the Espers' Gathering Place
- Kefka's Attack and the Floating Continent Rises
- Attack on the Floating Contient
- The Apocalypse
- Feeding Cid and recruiting Sabin
- Finding Terra and the journey to Nikeah
- Saving Figaro and recruiting Edgar
- Recruiting Setzer and finding the Falcon
- Recruiting Terra, Shadow, Relm, Gau and Strago
- The Phoenix Cave and recruiting Locke
- Recruiting Gogo and Sidequests
- Collosseum Betting, Earth Dragon and Mt. Zozo
- The Ancient Castle and Hidon
- Cyan's Soul and the Cultist Tower
- Preparations for Kefka's Tower
- Kefka's Tower - Gold and Skull Dragons, Inferno and Ultima Buster
- Kefka's Tower - The Switch Puzzle, Guardian and The Warring Triad
- Kefka's Tower - the battle with Kefka
- Dragon's Den - Ice, Storm and Earth Dragons Revisited
- Dragon's Den - Blue, Red and Skull Dragons Revisited
- Dragon's Den - Holy and Gold Dragons Revisited
- Dragon's Den - Exploration of the crypt and Kaiser Dragon
- Final Quest - Soul Shrine and Omega Weapon
|Drake Clawfang's FFVI Advance Walkthrough|
|Top||World of Balance|
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
|World of Ruin|
18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32
|Drake Clawfang's Walkthroughs|
|Final Fantasy IV - The After Years - Final Fantasy VI - Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VIII - Final Fantasy IX - Final Fantasy X - Mystic Quest - Dissidia 012|