|Final Fantasy XII Mark|
|ボーパルバニー (Bōparu Banī)|
|Location||Golmore Jungle (The Rustling Chapel)|
|Common Steal||Drab Wool|
|Rare Steal||Blood Wool|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||(11 hit max, may inflict Sap)|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Spellbreaker, Parry, Counter, Counter Plus, Spellbound, Item Plus|
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Confuse, Sleep, Reverse, Disable, Immobilize, Poison, Oil, Sap, Lure, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Protect and 50% Faith|
Restored to full HP if it goes back into hiding with Protect status.
The Vorpal Bunny is a Rank III Mark from Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after defeating Bergan in Mt. Bur-Omisace. Vorpal Bunny can be found in the Rustling Chapel area of Golmore Jungle.
According to Nera, the petitioner, it only shows itself every seven years, and that its tail is used by viera salve-makers to create a special substance, called "Vision Dust," as a rite of passage. She posted the bill in order for her friend, Alja, to become a full-fledged salve-maker, as Alja herself is not quick enough to catch one because of her lame leg.
Hunt 14: A Chase Through The WoodsEdit
- Petitioner: Nera
- Petitioner's Location: Eruyt Village (The Spiritwood)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a vorpal bunny (Rank 3). The petitioner is Nera in the Spiritwood of Eruyt Village.
- Hunt accepted. Nera searches for a vorpal bunny tail for her friend, Alja. The vorpal bunny is to be found in Golmore Jungle.
- Vorpal bunny defeated, and tail obtained! Report to Nera in the Spiritwood of Eruyt Village.
- Hunt reported and tail delivered. Alja, learning of Nera's kindness, promises to complete her apprenticeship and become a fully-fledged salve-maker.
- Genus: Rank III Mark
- Classification: Dreamhare
- “Being a Dreamhare possessing a distinctive dark-furred Body and feathered Ears. Its large white Tail contains a unique Oil, used by the viera for Centuries as an Ingredient in potent Unguents and Remedies. It is understandably quite wary of Man, and therefore difficult to Catch. Posted as a Mark by a kind soul hoping to help her Friend become a true Salve-Maker.”
The Vorpal Bunny is a scarce creature, and will keep running away rather than fight. Under no circumstances may it run out of the player's sight, or it will go underground and fully recover whatever damage the player had inflicted. After clearing the the lower chapel area of all enemies, the player should cast Protect on every party member. As soon as it appears, one should cast Dispel on it to remove the Faith status.
When it first 'popped' out from the ground, it starts out with the Protect and Faith buffs. Although, not Dispelling these buffs doesn't change much of the difficulty to defeat it. Trying to chase it using Melee weapons are highly not recommended since chasing after it with close-ranged attacks are indefinitely impossible unless it U-turned when running. Crossbows are the most recommended weapon to chase it down for it has the fastest charge time. Guns and Hand-Grenades are not so recommended because Guns are slower than Crossbows and ironically deals lesser damage compared to it while Hand-Grenades wouldn't help much with dealing damage(due to the lack of damage consistency) while chasing it down. To decrease the pressure of chasing it around, the Berserk buff on two party members with Crossbows is highly useful to chase it down.
One strategy is to cast Berserk or throw Bacchus's Wines at it until it goes crazy, to force it to stay in one place. This will make its normal attacks do over 400 damage with good armor on, but the damage can be lowered with Protect. Also, a long-enough Quickening chain can kill the Vorpal Bunny instantly.
It is easiest to defeat the Vorpal Bunny enemy without defeating all other enemies in the The Rustling Chapel area. If the player does, Dark Skeleton enemies will spawn over the area. Alternatively, they can leave and re-enter the area, a method which lacks the Exp benefit.
Nera will be waiting at the entrance to Eruyt Village, as not to let anyone from the village know she had gotten help from outsiders. She tells Vaan to follow her from a distance so that they can speak freely at a disclosed location, but they are spotted by Alja.