Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)Edit
Vivi makes a cameo as a tutor from the in-game manuals, explaining the equipment system with Steiner. Vivi is also the name of a Ghost Card the player can battle. The Vivi ghost is a Level 100 Kuja who has the White Gem and Strategy Guide items to be won via Battlegen. The quote on the ghost card "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..." is Vivi's signature quote.
Vivi is set to appear as an obtainable character.
|Cloud: I couldn't finish 'em. Looks like this's gonna get complicated.||The following tables are incomplete for one or more reasons. If you wish, please examine the table and add anything missing. Remove this notice upon completion.|
A young boy plagued with a fear of heights and a host of questions regarding who—or what—he truly is. He heads to Alexandria to see a play performed by the famous traveling theatre troupe Tantalus, but when Zidane and his comrades kidnap Princess Garnet during the show, Vivi somehow gets mixed up with their motley crew and flees the royal city together with them.
Vivi is an unlockable character obtained by collecting eight Orange Shards.
He is a Spell oriented character.
|Protect (Lv1)||7||Level 20|
|Protect (Lv2)||14||Level 65|
|Protect (Lv3)||21||Level 90|
Vivi returns as an unlockable character, and is once again unlocked by collecting Orange Crystal Shards, one of three returning characters whose corresponding shard remains the same.
He is a Spell oriented character.
|Level 5 Flare||32||Level 95|
|Spirit's Hymn (Lv1)||7||Initial|
|Magic Up (Lv1)||4||Level 5|
|Spirit's Hymn (Lv2)||10||Level 35|
|Magic Up (Lv2)||8||Level 45|
|Spirit's Hymn (Lv3)||15||Level 60|
|Magic Up (Lv3)||14||Level 70|
Vivi is an ally and a summonable Legend in Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade. He is depicted in his default Final Fantasy IX outfit and a Halloween outfit. His ability is Meteor. His EX abilities are Flare, Comet and Doomsday.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
A young black mage who is timid and unsure of himself. As he travels with Zidane, Vivi learns that he was the prototype of a series of black mages created as weapons, and he struggles to come to terms with the truth of his identity.
Vivi appears as a recruitable character in Final Fantasy Record Keeper. He is unlocked in Evil Forest on Classic in the storyline of Final Fantasy IX as the First Time Reward. In the global release, Vivi could also be recruited via the Princess of Alexandria, The Path to Escape Challenge Event in the Ice Cavern - Hidden passage on Classic as the First Time Reward. He was also issued in A Place to Call Home and Angel of Death.
Vivi is a Black Mage whose combat role is Offensive Magic.
Vivi stands out as an exceptional black mage, thanks to his high Magic stat, and is one of the first such characters with full mastery of his skillset. Magic itself comes at a very high premium in this game, and so the player should set Vivi up with the strongest affordable spells at all times to use him to full effect.
- Record Spheres
|Job||S.Lv 1||S.Lv 2||S.Lv 3||S.Lv 4||S.Lv 5|
|Red Mage||+1 RES||+1 DEF||+1 MAG||+60 HP||+2 MAG|
|Black Mage||+1 MAG||+40 HP||+1 RES||+2 MAG||+3% Black Magic Damage|
|Bard||+1 DEF||+1 MAG||+1 RES||+55 HP||+2 MAG|
|Time Mage*Requires mastery of Red Mage and Black Mage's Record Spheres.||+3 DEF||+3 RES||+120 HP||+6 MAG||Minor Silence Resistance|
|Magus*Requires mastery of Black Mage's Record Sphere.||+3 MAG||+100 HP||+3 RES||+6 MAG||+6% Black Magic Damage|
|Illusionist*Requires mastery of Black Mage and Bard's Record Spheres.||+3 DEF||+3 RES||+130 HP||+6 MAG||Minor Confuse Resistance|
Vivi can use Black Magic abilities up to rarity rank 5.
His initial Soul Break is Focus Magic, which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment temporarily raises user's Magic. The rod Oak Staff (IX) can grant Vivi access to Doublecast Venom, which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment deals two successive magic poison attacks on a single target.
After Vivi's level cap is increased he automatically gains the Record Materia, Rod Master, which when equipped deals bonus magic damage when a rod is equipped. His second Record Materia, Devotion, can be gained at any given time after battle provided that Vivi is present in the battle party. When equipped with Devotion, the user gains more Magic but at the at the cost of reducing Defense and Resistance.
He can equip accessories.
Vivi appears as a vision obtainable through summoning. His job is Black Mage. His trust mastery reward is Firaga. He possesses the special ability Dual Black Magic. He possesses the magics Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Water, Sleep, Bio, Fira, Blizzara, Thundara, Gravity, Drain and Comet. His limit bursts are Magical Rampage and Flames of Ruin.
- No. 079: "A young black mage from the distant world of Gaia. While attending a play in the kingdom of Alexandria, he is swept up in Zidane's plot to kidnap Princess Garnet, and before long joins in on his new companions' quest. Raised with no knowledge of the world or his own origins, he is at first timid and dependent on others, but in the course of his journey gradually gains the courage to face the truth of the past."
- No. 080: "A young black mage from the distant world of Gaia. He lived each day with no knowledge of who he truly was, until, while journeying with Zidane and his friends, he came to learn that he was an artificial being designed by the kingdom of Alexdandria as a weapon. Though his confidence falters after finding out that he is an instrument of destruction that will one day "stop", though his encounters with his companions and fellow black mages, he finds the courage to face the devastating truth about his identity."
- —Entries for different versions of Vivi.
- CV: Kath Soucie / Ikue Otani
- Age in Grymoire: Unknown
- (In a way, his life has only just begun)
- Notes: Black Mage / Purehearted / Grappling with his place and purpose
- Finding His Identity
- The twins and friends discover Vivi deep in the heart of Mako Reactor 0, the underground facility beneath Figaro Castle. In the heat of the resulting battle, he unexpectedly becomes self-aware.
- In Grymoire, Vivi is the only Black Mage from the reactor to gain powers of speech.
- Friend of Figaro
- Seeing as Vivi gained sentience in Edgar's domain (or under it, if you want to nitpick), the king felt it was only right to give him and his brethren a chance to find their place and purpose in Figaro.
- Since then, Vivi in particular has begun to look up to Edgar, both as a leader and as an adult—Wait, is that okay?! Edgar, a role model? Well, don't panic. Vivi's heart is pure enough to guide him along his own path...probably.
- Are you worried about his future? Well, all of that works differently here in Grymoire, even if it is still uncertain.
- First World of Origin
- FINAL FANTASY IX
Vivi appears in the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game and is represented in five Fire-elemental cards, one of them being Promotional. In his regular cards, he is depicted in a screenshot from a Final Fantasy IX FMV, his render, his Theatrhythm artwork and his Yoshitaka Amano artwork. For his promotional card, a screenshot from the opening FMV of Final Fantasy IX is used.
Vivi appears on Triple Triad cards in the version available via Final Fantasy Portal App.
Vivi makes an appearance in Kingdom Hearts II as a member of the Twilight Town Disciplinary Committee, led by Seifer, whom Vivi admires for his strength. When the Struggle competition is on, he is being controlled by Nobodies. Simulations of Vivi appear in the Sunset Station tunnel, where many duplicates attack Roxas.
His unwilling involvement in the oddities of the early parts of the game may allude to the original Vivi as a black mage, as well as the mysteries surrounding him in Final Fantasy IX. Additionally, Vivi makes another appearance in the Kingdom Hearts series as a costume in Kingdom Hearts: Mobile.
Vivi is one of the only Final Fantasy characters not designed by Tetsuya Nomura that appear in the Kingdom Hearts series.
Vivi appears as a character in Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special.
Puzzle & DragonsEdit
Vivi appeared in Puzzle & Dragons as part of the Final Fantasy collaboration. The collaboration event happened in the North American version of the game from 2 to 15 November 2015.