Series appearances Edit
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008) Edit
Vivi makes a cameo as a tutor from the in-game manuals, explaining the equipment system with Steiner. Vivi is also the name of a Ghost Card the player can battle. The Vivi ghost is a Level 100 Kuja who has the White Gem and Strategy Guide items to be won via Battlegen. The quote on the ghost card "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..." is Vivi's signature quote.
Vivi is an obtainable character, and one of three starting characters along with Warrior of Light and Rem.Vivi uses the Staff weapon type, and focuses on dealing high-magical damage to his foes with "Fire", and increasing his BRV and boosting his own Attack by using "Focus".
Vivi appears as an unlockable character, and is obtained by collecting Orange Crystal Shards. Tied with Shantotto for the highest raw magic, Vivi has everything expected of a Black Mage, nearly all of his abilities are primarily for battle stages. Though he has a few abilities that increase his agility, he is nonetheless geared for taking down a string of enemies.
Vivi is an unlockable character, and is unlocked by collecting Orange Crystal Shards.
He is a Spell oriented character.
Vivi appears as a playable character.
Vivi is an ally and a summonable Legend. He is depicted in his default Final Fantasy IX outfit and a Halloween outfit. His ability is Meteor. His EX abilities are Flare, Comet and Doomsday.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
Vivi appears on cards.
Vivi appears as a recruitable character. He is unlocked in Evil Forest on Classic in the storyline of Final Fantasy IX as the First Time Reward. In the global release, Vivi could also be recruited via the Princess of Alexandria - The Path to Escape Challenge Event in the Ice Cavern - Hidden passage on Classic as the First Time Reward. He was also issued in A Place to Call Home and Angel of Death.
Vivi appears as a summonable vision and optional playable character. A 3-6★ Rare Summon, his job is listed as Black Mage, and his role is Magic Damage. He originally could awaken only up to 4★, but received new forms for the Final Fantasy IX event Alexandria Castle (along with Garnet and Kuja). His Trust Master reward is the Level 6 Black Magic spell Firaga.
- Who's Who
- CV: Kath Soucie / Ikue Otani
- Age in Grymoire: Unknown
- (In a way, his life has only just begun)
- Notes: Black Mage / Purehearted / Grappling with his place and purpose
- Finding His Identity
- The twins and friends discover Vivi deep in the heart of Mako Reactor 0, the underground facility beneath Figaro Castle. In the heat of the resulting battle, he unexpectedly becomes self-aware.
- In Grymoire, Vivi is the only Black Mage from the reactor to gain powers of speech.
- Friend of Figaro
- Seeing as Vivi gained sentience in Edgar's domain (or under it, if you want to nitpick), the king felt it was only right to give him and his brethren a chance to find their place and purpose in Figaro.
- Since then, Vivi in particular has begun to look up to Edgar, both as a leader and as an adult—Wait, is that okay?! Edgar, a role model? Well, don't panic. Vivi's heart is pure enough to guide him along his own path...probably.
- Are you worried about his future? Well, all of that works differently here in Grymoire, even if it is still uncertain.
- First World of Origin
- FINAL FANTASY IX
Vivi is represented in five Fire-elemental cards, one of them being Promotional. In his regular cards, he is depicted in a screenshot from a Final Fantasy IX FMV, his render, his Theatrhythm artwork and his Yoshitaka Amano artwork. For his promotional card, a screenshot from the opening FMV of Final Fantasy IX is used.
Vivi appears on Triple Triad cards in the version available via Final Fantasy Portal App.
Non-Final Fantasy guest appearances Edit
Vivi makes an appearance in Kingdom Hearts II as a member of the Twilight Town Disciplinary Committee, led by Seifer, whom Vivi admires for his strength. When the Struggle competition is on, he is being controlled by Nobodies. Simulations of Vivi appear in the Sunset Station tunnel, where many duplicates attack Roxas.
His unwilling involvement in the oddities of the early parts of the game may allude to the original Vivi as a black mage, as well as the mysteries surrounding him in Final Fantasy IX. Additionally, Vivi makes another appearance in the Kingdom Hearts series as a costume in Kingdom Hearts Mobile.
Vivi is one of the only Final Fantasy characters not designed by Tetsuya Nomura that appear in the Kingdom Hearts series.
He appears in Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross], on several medals.
Itadaki Street Edit
Vivi appears as a character in Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special.
Vivi appeared as part of the Final Fantasy collaboration. The collaboration event happened in the North American version from 2 to 15 November 2015.