|Final Fantasy XIII Boss|
- “Guess we'll have to talk about this later!”
Snow and Hope fight the Ushumgal Subjugator first on the apartment rooftops. The boss remains in an aerial state throughout the battle, mainly attacking with the Fire-based Napalm. Hope's Barfire can neutralize this threat easily.
A good strategy, albeit a slow one, would be to have 3 main Paradigms:
As a Sentinel select Provoke, then Steelguard, then Vendetta, then Steelguard again. Hope will do whatever is appropriate for his current role.
Start the battle of with Libra, and do 4 Provokes to grab the Subjugator's attention. Next, switch to Building Block so Hope will buff Snow while Snow keeps the Subjugator busy. Then switch either to Lifeguard or Arcane Defense (in case Hope needs healing), and keep using the ability sequence above. However, it does take a very long time.
- Counter Physical Attacks - Character who didn't Attack - Napalm
- When Battle Starts = Start Timer : When timer = 135 - Overdrive, Set timer = 0
- Turn 1 - Napalm
- Turn 2 - Napalm
- Turn 3 - Napalm
- Turn 4 - Napalm
- Turn 5 - Tail Hammer
- “Always the hero. You want to die? You can't! I won't let you!”
After the cutscene, Hope begins the battle alone, but is fixed so that after his health is reduced to 1 HP or a certain amount of time has passed, Lightning and Fang join the party and then the proper battle begins. It is imperative that Hope uses Protect and Shell on the entire during the first few seconds of the fight.
A certain strategy is to create the Paradigm known as Combat Clinic (Fang as a Sentinel, and both Lightning and Hope as Medics). When the Boss starts to use Targeting for its Pinpoint Beam and subsequent Photon Blaster, use Combat Clinic and Provoke the Boss into attacking Fang. When she is hit, Hope and Lightning will immediately heal her and hopefully keep her alive long enough to survive the attack. Once the attack is over, and everyone is healed, return to Relentless Assault and pound the boss into Stagger state for super damage. Repeat this process until the boss falls.
- (After Being Staggered - When Stagger Ends - Increase VA1 by 1)
- Turn 1 - Laser Rain, Laser Rain
- Turn 2 - Laser Rain
- Turn 3 - Laser Rain
- (If VA1 = 1 : Turn 1 - Targeting
- Turn 2 - Pinpoint Beam, Pinpoint Beam
- Turn 3 - Pinpoint Beam
- Turn 4 - Pinpoint Beam
- Turn 5 - Pinpoint Beam
- Turn 6 - Photon Blaster (Reset VA1 = 0)
- It is interesting to note that in foreign translations, Ushumgal is written as Ushmugal.