|Rules of Sorceror Nobody's talk page|
|· T H E · W E I R D · W O R L D · O F · S O R C E R O R · N O B O D Y ·|
Hey, Sorceror Nobody, I wanna be one of your l'Cie! Edit
- Note: As you may have noticed, there's been no activity from me on l'Cie matters for a while now. I'm not sure why. I've just got a backlog that I keep meaning to clear, but I haven't gotten around to it. I'm actually thinking of stopping the l'Cie schtick altogether, although people who are branded will obviously remain so. New applications can still be made, but don't get your hopes up for anything actually happening.
This section is for people to offer themselves to be branded as my l'Cie. I'm astonished how many of you are interested, to be honest. Anyway, to save me from having to repeat it over and over again, here's the gist of it: You don't have to ask me if you can be my l'Cie. If you offer, I will decide whether to accept, just as soon as I have the info I need. Therefore, the process can be completed most swiftly if you simply enter the info in the table provided. All of your choices are subject to my approval, and I reserve the right to reject any of them and choose them myself, though this is rare as long as you choose sensibly.
- Eidolon: Typically, this will be either a summon or a monster from the series, though it is not restricted to that. However, if the chosen creature does not have an existing image (without any background scenery) of it on this wiki, you must provide one. Note that the specific incarnations of the Eidolons and fal'Cie of FFXIII are out of bounds; e.g. you could have the FFVII Titan but not the FFXIII one. You also cannot have any Eidolon already claimed by an existing l'Cie, even if you choose a different incarnation. Check the complete l'Cie index to see whether the Eidolon you want has already been taken.
- Proficiencies: Your proficiencies in the six Roles must be, for want of a slightly better word, balanced. What this means is that if you are, for example, an exemplary Commando and Ravager, you will have to totally suck at one or two of the other Roles to compensate. Basically, the average of your six proficiencies should be no more than 45 or, equivalently, the sum of your proficiencies must be no more than 270. All proficiencies are measured in multiples of 5, and it is not possible to be below 10 in any Role.
- Focus: Your Focus can be almost anything, but it really should be a real task. If it's wiki-related, that's usually a good choice, but it doesn't have to be.
After you put the details into the table, I will remark upon them if necessary, and we simply home in on an acceptable compromise. Basically, similar to how it used to be, but much tidier because it doesn't fill my talk page with bubbles. By the way, this is an example of how not to do it. Also, not to sound mean, but I do kid of insist that my l'Cie be at least fairly competent with wikimarkup. Consequently, if you cannot figure out how to fill in the table on your own, your application is not particularly likely to be accepted. Nothing personal, but in all honesty, I can do without l'Cie who aren't confident with their coding, ne?
Any applicant who blatantly makes no effort to follow the above criteria will generally also be rejected until they can come back and do it properly. I am not an ungenerous person, but I grow weary of hand-holding for such a simple process. Furthermore, any application may be rejected depending on the quality and quantity of the applicant's contributions. Rejections may also occur at my discretion for any other reason, but generally, it will be one of the aforementioned two reasons. If you are rejected multiple times, especially if it is for the same reason most or all of those times, I may well decide to permanently reject you.
Also, this has been sort of implied, but never explicitly stated, so I'll state it now: Although it is normally considered very poor form to edit another user's userpage without their permission, I retain the right to edit it specifically in relation to you being my l'Cie. This is usually (but not always) limited to editing just your l'Cie template. It is important that you are aware of this, because becoming one of my l'Cie amounts to tacit approval.
Basically, this isn't a democracy. It's a dictatorship, albeit a benign one :P
|Signature (incl. timestamp)||Eidolon||COM||RAV||SEN||SAB||SYN||MED||Focus|
16:08, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
|S. Nobody||100||100||100||100||100||100||To become supremely awesomely powerful|
|This one is obviously just an example of how to do it... or how not to, given the overproficiency :P|
|--Occuria Summoner |
17:30, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
|Gold Dragon (IV)||50||50||40||35||45||50||Write good and grammatically correct poems about every main villain and hero(by good i mean not to troll)Then i have got two ideas-to draw eidolons for The Nemesisxs fanfic or to have 100 votes at my arena.Or to welcome 30 newbies.|
|Okay||Okay||Still thinking about it, and still recommending that you consider alternatives.|
|Erry 18:09, February 26, 2012 (UTC)||Hecatoncheir||50||70||20||30||50||20||
|(Cat + meow)(RC + Sbox) = FFW 01:24, February 28, 2012 (UTC)||Same||Same||Finish Tactics and V walkthroughs|
|23:35, April 19, 2012 (UTC)||Iron Giant (Final Fantasy X)||75||45||15||30||35||70||
Sandbox 3 Edit
- Because it's -moz-linear-gradient, I expect. I don't know if it can be de-moz'd. Probably.
I can't check on this computer, at any rate -- Sorceror Nobody 23:03, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for fixing my sig! ^ ^16:33, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
- You'll be awarded awards for every track you master. The character and quote only differs per game though. So if I displayed awards myself, I'd have one of Tidus and one of Onion Knight -- Sorceror Nobody 16:36, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
Platinum Membership awarded! Edit
"We from the Lindblum Tourism Office are overjoyed to be able to announce that you Sir have been awarded another upgrade to your VIP Membership for your continued participation in our offers!
"We hope to see you participate in our offers again in the future!
I may not see you today on the IRC, so...Happy Birthday!!!! *bear hugs SN*
Happy Birthday SN -
Thank you, peoples. Especially Myst, for sharing a fragment of your victory over the Random Number God :P
I think I'm a little late, but happy birthday SN!