|Final Fantasy X-2 Enemy|
- Normal: "A mighty fiend of legend, wielding greater magic than ever. This terror teaches all who approach the true meaning of "Ultima." Whatever you do, don't call it Atma."
Oversoul: "Even more powerful in its oversouled form. It can no longer think independently or vary its attacks in response to its opponent."
Ultima Weapon is a powerful enemy, hitting hard with Judgment and Punishment. Ultima Weapon's attacks are formidable at low levels and its damage nullification ability Mighty Guard-G can make it immune to most physical and magical attacks; only specific attacks can penetrate it, such as Spare Change, Slots or Darkness (Ultima Weapon has high resistance to Eject and Zantetsu), and this can force a party to flee if the appropriate dresspheres are not equipped.
Ultima Weapon has the Blue Bullet Supernova. The triggering of Supernova is not random; it occurs at the count of 30 or above, with its other attacks adding to the count, and being randomly chosen. Normal attacks increase the count by five, all other actions by two. Its normal (physical) attacks in normal (non-Oversoul) mode inflict Poison status.
- 1/3 probability of Normal Attack
- 1/7 probability of Judgment
- 1/7 probability of Punishment
- 1/7 probability of Meteor
- 1/7 probability of Break
- 1/16 probability of Mighty Guard G
- 1/32 probability of White Highwind
As its Oversoul scan description indicates, Ultima Weapon's power in Oversoul comes largely from increased stats, notably Magic Defense and HP, and its range of special abilities is reduced. It loses Supernova, Mighty Guard-G, White Highwind, Break and Meteor, and the Poison component of its normal (physical) attacks, leaving only Judgement and Punishment. It gains Dispel and Osmose in Oversoul.
Ultima Weapon's Oversoul attack pattern is mostly reactive, retaliating with attacks identical to those used on it, if attacks are one of a fairly short list (Holy, Supernova, Arcana other than Black Sky, Black Magic, and some White Magic spells), or with physical attacks for attacks not on the list. If its counterattack is reflected back to it, it will retaliate with a further physical attack.
Ultima Weapon joins the party when the player completes the storyline of Monolith. Completing his storyline unlocks the Demon Cup.
|Ultima Weapon Coin|
|Coin No.||44||Coin Value||9|
|Location||Found in the Central Expanse of the Bikanel Desert.|
- The Scan description is a reference to Ultima Buster from Final Fantasy VI, which was originally named "Atma".
- Final Fantasy X-2 is the first Final Fantasy game with both Ultima and Omega Weapons in which Ultima Weapon is the stronger of the two.
Ultima means "the last" in Latin and many Latin-based languages. In the Spanish versions of many Final Fantasy games, it is written as "Artema," a close transliteration of the Japanese katakana.