- "My name is Ultima... I am power both ancient and unrivaled... I do not bleed, for I am but strength given form... Feeble creatures of flesh... Your time is nigh!"
- —Ultima Weapon prepares to face the party in Final Fantasy VI.
Ultima Weapon, also known as Atma Weapon or Ultimate Weapon, is a recurring superboss in the Final Fantasy series. A quadrupedal bio-mechanical monster, it's often a weaker version of Omega Weapon but is still a strong enemy in its own right. It is the namesake of the powerful sword, Ultima Weapon.
- Main article: Ultima Weapon (Final Fantasy II)
Ultima Weapon appears in the Dawn of Souls and all subsequent remakes and is found guarding the ultimate magic Ultima. It has 15,000 HP and resists all forms of elemental attacks. It is colored similarly to the original Ultima Weapon from Final Fantasy VI.
- Main article: Ultima Weapon (The After Years)
Ultima Weapon appears representing Final Fantasy VI in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. It is a powerful boss boasting 230,000 HP and deadly attacks such as Crush, Flare and Meteor. Upon being defeated, it drops the most powerful sword, Ultima Weapon.
- Main article: Ultima Weapon (Final Fantasy VI)
In the original SNES translation, Ultima Weapon is mistranslated as Atma Weapon. It guards the passage to the Warring Triad on the Floating Continent, and is the strongest boss in the game at that point, and has its own battle theme.
- Main article: Ultimate Weapon (Final Fantasy VII)
Ultimate Weapon is one of the five Weapons awakened by Sephiroth. Once the party acquires the airship Highwind, Ultimate Weapon roams the skies and can be fought and killed over Cosmo Canyon. It relinquishes Cloud's strongest sword, the Ultima Weapon. Once defeated, Ultimate Weapon will crash into the ground leaving a large crater, which allows passage to the Ancient Forest on foot.
- Main article: Ultima Weapon (Final Fantasy VIII)
Ultima Weapon is fought at the bottom of the Deep Sea Research Center in an excavation pit. The strongest Guardian Force Eden can be drawn from it, as well as the spell Ultima. It is considerably weaker than Omega Weapon, but still considered one of the hardest bosses in the game. It wields Cloud Strife's Ultima Weapon from Final Fantasy VII.
- Main article: Ultima Weapon (Final Fantasy X)
- Main article: Ultima Weapon (Final Fantasy X-2)
- "Whatever you do, don't call him Atma."
- —Ultima Weapon's bestiary description.
Ultima Weapon returns in the sequel, but this time as a regular enemy and Omega Weapon is actually weaker than Ultima Weapon this time around. The party can find Ultima Weapon in Via Infinito or in the Ruin Depths and can learn the Blue Bullet ability Supernova.
Ultima Weapon's roots are referenced in Shinra's Bestiary, which states not to call him "Atma".
- Main article: Ultima (Final Fantasy XI)
Ultima Weapon appears in the Chains of Promathia Mission 6-2 and has 15,000 HP and high damage resistance. This incarnation is smaller than other Ultima Weapons, able to fit on the deck of an airship.
A prototype, known as Proto-Ultima, awaits those at the end of Temenos and is much more powerful.
- "An incredibly powerful mystic beast created in the distant past."
- —Dissidia Final Fantasy Summon Compendium
After a fixed time has passed, it causes a Bravery Break on the opponent. Ultima Weapon is obtained as a stage bonus in the Inward Chaos storyline. It only has one use, and after used, it will take a long charge time before it can be used again.
Ultima Weapon returns as a summonstone, with the same function as in the first Dissidia Final Fantasy. It can be purchased from the secret Moogle Shop within the Land of Discord during Scenario 000 for 1,500 KP.
The Ultima Weapon appears in its Final Fantasy VII incarnation as Ultimate Weapon, and can be fought as an optional superboss.
- "Though ancient, unrivaled, and unbleeding, it still feels the need to brag about its power."
- —Description for Ultima Weapon.
- Main article: Ultima Weapon (All the Bravest)
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy All the Bravest Enemies#Ultimate Weapon
The Ultima Weapon is one of the five Promo cards that can be obtained in Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales. In the Japanese and American versions, he must be downloaded from a download station. In the European version, the player has to enter the code L, Up, Right, B, A, B on the Download Pop-Up Card screen.
|Crystal Ability (*****)
Deal 2 damage for each crystal in your CP gauge.
Final Fantasy VII's Ultimate Weapon in its Theatrhythm Final Fantasy appearance has a card in this trading card game.
Ultima Weapon's name may either be derived from the word Ultimate or the spell Ultima, either of which implies great power, which is apt. Its Weapon moniker comes from the Weapon-type enemy, which are usually among the stronger enemies encounters.