- “Masterpiece among the scions created by the gods, and the mastermind of the plot to rise against them. Prior to her betrayal, she was tasked with guiding souls to heaven and aiding in their reincarnation. Called the High Seraph for her angelic wings of glimmering gold, yet it was on wings of deepest black that the tainted angel Ultima rose against the gods. Since her fall, her heart is without light, and impossible to know.”
- —Clan Primer Bio
Ultima, the High Seraph (聖天使アルテマ, Sei Tenshi Arutema?, lit. "Ultima, the Holy Angel") is the name of a recurring summon and entity in Ivalice. She is associated with the Holy element, her color sign is Golden Yellow, and she represents the Zodiac sign of Virgo, the Virgin. While she first appeared in Final Fantasy Tactics, her most prominent design is based on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.
- For the battle information, see: Ultima (Final Fantasy XII Boss)
Ultima is an optional Esper located in the highest reaches of the Great Crystal in Giruvegan, at the Crystal Peak. Considering how big the Great Crystal is, and that only chosen people can use the waystones, Ultima seems to have been stored in a place where the Occuria can easily keep track of her. She is arguably one of the more difficult bosses of the game.
Ultima's license costs 90 LP, and she requires three Mist Charges to summon. Her basic attack is Redemption, a powerful Holy-elemental attack. Her ultimate attack is Eschaton, where Ultima flies into space and charges the cannon under her dress to blast all enemies with a ray of Holy-elemental light. However, it is difficult to use due to the requirement that both Ultima and her summoner must be in critical HP before she will use it.
|1||Summoner HP < 30% and|
Self: HP < 30%
|2||Foe: absorbs holy||Flare|
- Attack: 147
- Defense: 61
- Magick Defense: 40
|Level||Max HP||Max MP||Speed||Strength||Magic||Vitality|
- For the battle information, see: Ultima (Revenant Wings)
- “High Seraph, bringer of life and death.”
- —In-game Description
Ultima is the Rank III magical Holy summon. In order to summon her on the Ring of Pacts, Shiva or Ramuh must be unlocked first. Her position on the Ring is the farthest spot possible away from Zalera, the Death Seraph. Ultima is fought in Mission 57: Otherworldly Beauty, which takes place at the Underfane of Huin Qul. Defeating her gains Penelo her Quickening, Dance of Rapture.
- Revitalize - restores HP and removes debuffs from one character.
- Eschaton (Perfect Ultima) - deals Holy damage to a group of enemies in a straight line extending from Ultima.
- For the battle information, see: Ultima (Tactics)
Ultima, also known as Altima, the Bloody Angel, is the game's final boss and the leader of the Lucavi. Having been trapped in the body of her host, Ajora Glabados, when he died, the other Lucavi wish to revive her within a new host.
- Main article: Ultima (Tactics Advance)
Ultima appears as a Scion. She can be called by anyone equipping the High Seraph's Plume when the Smash Gauge is orange.
When summoned, Ultima uses Ultima, which fully heals all allies and inflicts Holy damage to all enemies.
Ultima appears as a summon in Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy. When summoned, her Eschaton will grant Stage Bravery to the player after being struck by a EX Break or Assist Break for a short period of time.
She can be purchased at the special Moogle Shop at Cornelia for 150 KP. This summonstone is unlocked at the shop as a limited offer after earning 1,800 KP total. It is stated only in this game that Ultima is half-humanoid and half-machine. This would mean that the cannon which Ultima appears to be sitting on is the lower half of her body.
Ultima appears in Final Fantasy Trading Card Game in her official render.
- See also: Ultima#Etymology
Ultima is referred to as the Kanya Ascendant, which is the Sanskrit name of its Zodiac sign as used in Jyotish astrology. The name of Ultima's trademark attack Eschaton refers to the end of the world. It is from this term that the word "Eschatology" is taken, a branch of theology that refers to the study of end times.