|Final Fantasy XIII-2 Enemy|
|Location||The Coliseum -??? AF- (Coliseum)|
|Abilities||Abandon Ship, Ejection, Engine Trouble, Potion, Reactors Critical, System Failure|
|Notes|| - Summons reinforcements.|
- Cannot be provoked.
The universe stretches into infinity! What life can survive its expanse? Dare you face the envoy of the stars?
UFO appears as part of Final Fantasy XIII-2's downloadable content in a challenge called "Take Me to Your Leader". It is the main target during the battle as destroying it will stop PuPu to be called anew.
The battle starts with the UFO accompanying six PuPus. The player should focus all its attacks on the UFO, as it always redeploys three more PuPus whenever the player defeats them. While the UFO does not directly target the player party, it is also responsible for healing the PuPus.
As the PuPus utilize very strong magic attacks and often concentrate on a single character, the player should employ a high level monster Sentinel throughout the battle, preferably one with over 10,000 HP and has high magic resistance, such as the Pulse Gladiator.
The following is a list of recommended Paradigms (Serah, Noel, Monster):
- Cerberus-X (COM/COM/COM)
- Malevolence (RAV/RAV/SYN) (monster SYN should have access to an En-spell and either Bravega or Faithga)
- Premeditation-X (SAB/SYN/SEN) - Starting Paradigm
- Delta Attack (RAV/COM/SEN)
- Solidarity (MED/COM/SEN)
- Tortoise (SEN/SEN/SEN)
The player should begin with Premeditation-X so that buffs such as Protect, Shell and Vigilance are placed. Once these buffs are in place, the player should shift to Delta Attack and target the UFO, occasionally shifting to Solidarity for any necessary healing.
Once the UFO's chain gauge reaches around 250% the player should finish any healing, then shift back to Premeditation-X, so that Serah can apply Deprotect, Deshell and Imperil on the UFO. Once this is achieved, the player should shift back to Delta Attack and stagger the UFO.
When the UFO is staggered, all PuPus cease attacking and run around the coliseum in a panic. This gives the player the opportunity to go all offensive. The player should shift to Malevolence to both rapidly drive the UFO's chain gauge and also so that the monster Synergist casts Bravega/Faithga and En-spells to all characters. Once these buffs are applied, the UFO's chain gauge should be around 800%, Once the player shifts to Cerberus-X, the UFO's HP gauge should be completely drained before it can recover from stagger.
When the UFO's is defeated, large amount of PuPus will evacuate from the UFO and it will crash into the battlefield, inflicting heavy damage, the player should shift straight to Tortoise to avoid this. All the player should do now is to systematically defeat the remaining PuPus with Cerberus-X, with occasional shifting to Tortoise to minimize the damage caused by Meteor.
Following this strategy should allow the player to complete the battle in less than six minutes, which should guarantee five stars.
- As the UFO constantly deploys new PuPus to take place of the fallen ones, it can allow player to farm Elixirs effectively instead of buying them in Serendipity where their cost is high.
- When staggered, the UFO has no notes at all. This is the only time in both Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 that an enemy has no notes.
- This may just be an editing error though, and if it is, it is not the first time this occurs in a Coliseum fight: the fight with Snow also lists one of his notes without the traditional - line.