- "A tough shell. These are often used to craft crockery, armor, and other items of daily convenience."
- —Description, Final Fantasy XII.
The Turtle Shell can only be won by defeating Turtle-type enemies, which they always drop 100% of the time, and is only used through mixing for various results. Several mixes involving the Turtle Shell include:
- Ether (Restores MP) - Mix with Potion.
- X-Potion (Heals HP to full) - Mix with Ether.
- Triple Ether (Restores MP thrice the amount a normal Ether does) - Mix with Hi-Potion.
- Remedy (Heal all negative status ailments) - Mix with Phoenix Down.
- Bacchus' Wine (Grants Berserk) - Mix with Holy Water.
- Protect Potion (Grants Protect) - Mix with another Turtle Shell.
- Hasty-ade (Grants Haste) - Mix with Eyedrops.
- Dud Potion (Causes Sap and Confusion to party) - Mix with Elixir or Dragon Fang.
- Succubus Kiss (Drain HP from enemy) - Mix with Maiden's Kiss.
- Turtle Soup (Halve foes' Defense) - Mix with Antidote.
- TNT (Fire damage to foes, kills user) - Mix with Dark Matter.
Several of these mixes can only be obtained by using the Turtle Shell, thus making it a valuable item.
Several types of turtle shell may be found as items in Final Fantasy XI. All of them are used in Bonecraft recipes and little else.
The Turtle Shell is obtained by excavation, chocobo digging, and clamming, and is used in Bonecraft to produce various low level weapons and armor, including the Pirate's Gun, Shell Hairpin, Turtle Bangles, Turtle Shield, and Tortoise Earring.
The Akupara Shell may be obtained from defeating the Voidwatch Notorious Monster Akupara, of the Ferrotoise subfamily of Adamantoise. It is used in Synergy recipes to produce the Hyksos Khat and Hyksos Robe set.
Finally, the Matamata Shell is obtained by defeating giant turtles of the Matamata family, and is used in a high level Bonecraft recipe to produce the Matamata Shield.
- "A smooth, curved turtle shell. Skill and diligence are required to preserve its strength during crafting."
The Turtle Shell is a loot obtained by completing the missions Bonga Bugle - Silversun, and is needed to create the Iron Helm and Armguards. Other versions of the item include the Aged Turtle Shell and Ancient Turtle Shell.
- "A spiked carapace widely used for armor."
|This section of the article about Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon is a stub. You can help Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.|
The Giant Turtleshell, Aged Turtle Shell and Ancient Turtle Shell can be won from various courses in the Duel Colloseum and are needed to trade for various equipment pieces.
The Aged Turtle Shell and Ancient Turtle Shell appear in the game as trade accessories. The Aged Turtle Shell can be obtained by trading three Dusty Elixers in the shop, and the Ancient Turtle Shell can be traded for one Elixir. They are required to trade for various equipment pieces.