The Tsviets (ツヴィエート, Tsuvyēto?) are an elite group of soldiers that lead the Deepground army in Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-. In the Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Complete Guide, it was revealed that colored Tsviets had their genes spliced with the genes of Genesis Rhapsodos, in addition to each of them being involved in a unique experiment that granted them their special abilities and powers.
This sharing of Genesis's genetic information is what makes the Tsviets the hellspawn of G. It is implied during Dirge of Cerberus that all the Tsviets, except for Shelke and possibly Weiss (due to Genesis's comments and his retrieving of Weiss's body) have died. Only six colored Tsviets are known:
Known Tsviets Edit
- Shelke the Transparent is the fourth member of the Tsviets. Due to the numerous experiments of Deepground, she bears the appearance of a nine-year old girl when she is actually nineteen-years-old. Shelke fights with a pair of orange electromagnetic sabers linked together with a long fiber cord. In addition, she is capable of rendering herself invisible and performing Synaptic Net Dives.
- Rosso the Crimson is the third member of the Tsviets. A sadist who takes great pleasure in killing and is responsible for Vincent's loss of the Protomateria. Rosso utilizes a dual edged blade that is capable of gunfire.
- Azul the Cerulean is the final recruit of the Tsviets. A gigantic man, he is encountered for the first time in the first mission, along with Shelke. Azul utilizes a customized rocket launcher that is capable of laser fire, and through Deepground's experiments, is able to transform into a beast known as Arch Azul.
- Nero the Sable is the second member of the Tsviets. A dark, mysterious young man, Nero is the loyal second in command of his brother, Weiss. In addition to utilizing a pair of modified handguns, Nero is also capable of using a range of Dark attacks.
- Weiss the Immaculate is the leader and the strongest of the Tsviets, and the main antagonist in Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-. Bearing distinctive white hair, Weiss possesses all the skills of the others, and utilizes a pair of gunblade-esque katanas in battle.
- Argento a member only available in the Japanese Multiplayer Mode. Her role is not so much of a fighter, but rather that of an instructor or observer.
- Player Tsviet is one of the few uncolored Tsviets that was only available in the Japanese Multiplayer Mode. S/he is set apart from other DG Soldiers and fellow Tsviets because s/he did not have the brain-chip implanted that stopped others from defying the Restrictors. S/he also seems to know the Restrictor from his/her previous life before Deepground. The uncolored Tsviet also holds memories of Shelke's sister Shalua, and it is implied that these were implanted by Shelke. In the end, s/he was killed by the Restrictor, who was then promptly killed by Weiss.
- Usher is another uncolored Tsviet that was only available in the Japanese Multiplayer Mode. An interesting fact is though he sports the Deepground insignia on his belt, he still wears typical SOLDIER garb. He retains a wide amount of knowledge about Deepground that he passes off to the main character in the multiplayer mode. In the end it is discovered that he was a holographic "guide" of sorts since he "phases" out when the unnamed Tsviet dies and all the colored Tsviets stand over him/her.
Other appearances Edit
The title Tsviets is derived from the Russian "цвет", which means "color". This is fitting as all the names of the Tsviets members are based on various colors in different languages, while their "titles" are the English word for a different shade of their names.
In Japan, the colors of red, blue, black, and white correspond to the four elements, fire, water, earth, and air, respectively.