The Trigger Commands are special commands in Final Fantasy X. They can only be used in battles against bosses and produce various effects unique to that boss. Sometimes, only certain characters may use Trigger Commands.
List of CommandsEdit
- Stand By - Usable in the fight against Tros when Tros swims away. The character recovers a small amount of HP.
- Pincer Attack - Usable in the fight against Tros when Tros swims away. Rikku and Tidus corner him to prevent him from swimming away.
- Use Crane - Usable by Tidus in the fight against the Oblitzerator when Lulu has cast Thunder enough times on the crane. The crane picks up and drops the boss, doing damage equal to 15/16ths of its current HP and disabling its Blitzball Rush attack.
- Talk - Usable by various characters in the fights against Seymour and Braska's Final Aeon. Against Seymour, Talk will raise a certain stat for the character, while against the Final Aeon Talk will drain its Overdrive meter, but only works twice.
- Pull Back/Move In - Usable by Tidus and Rikku in battles aboard the airship. Gives Cid the order to move closer or further away from the enemy on his next round. At greater distances both the party and the enemy are limited to long-range attacks and magic to fight.
- Open Lock - Usable in the fight against Evrae Altana. Opening two locks allows the party to flee, healing any shattered party members and essentially beginning the fight over.
- Move - Usable in the fight against Spectral Keeper. Moves a party member to one of the unoccupied platforms surrounding the boss.
- Struggle - Usable in the fight against Geosgaeno by swallowed characters. The swallowed character attacks the boss for heavy damage, but Geosgaeno retaliates by regurgitating the character, doing heavy damage to them.