Hurl your axe straight ahead for a ranged attack.
Tomahawk (トマホーク, Tomahōku?) is an ability in the Final Fantasy series.
- Expends a throwing tomahawk to inflict a special defense down effect on an enemy.
- Obtained: Warrior Level 75 (Merit Points)
- Recast Time: 3 minutes
- Duration: 30 seconds (+15 seconds for every additional merit)
- "Special Defense Down" means that this ability will lower the target's physical and magical damage resistance, should it have any (Such as Physical Damage -50%).
- Some examples of monsters to use this ability on: Slimes, Elementals, Skeletons.
- If the monster has no damage resistance, Tomahawk will have no effect on it.
- Tomahawk has no effect on beneficial status effects that increase defense such as Protect or Cocoon.
- Consumes one Throwing Tomahawk per use.
- Tomahawk has no effect on Stoneskin.
- Tomahawk generates a considerable amount of enmity on the monster it is used on.
Tomahawk appears in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn as a Marauder weaponskill available after completing the Brutal Strength class quest at Level 15. The ability deals damage to a single enemy with a potency of 130, costs 120 TP to use, and can be cast on enemies 15 yalms away. Due to it being ranged and being able to gain enemy enmity, the ability is often used as a starting move to pull enemies. Tomahawk has an instant cast time and shares the 2.5-second recast time with other weaponskills.
In PvP, Tomahawk has a potency of 150 and inflicts 50% Heavy to the target for 3 seconds.
tomahawk is a type of axe from North America, traditionally resembling a hatchet with a straight shaft.A