Hurl your axe straight ahead for a ranged attack.
Tomahawk (トマホーク, Tomahōku?) is an ability in the Final Fantasy series.
- Expends a throwing tomahawk to inflict a special defense down effect on an enemy.
- Obtained: Warrior Level 75 (Merit Points)
- Recast Time: 3 minutes
- Duration: 30 seconds (+15 seconds for every additional merit)
- "Special Defense Down" means that this ability will lower the target's physical and magical damage resistance, should it have any (Such as Physical Damage -50%).
- Some examples of monsters to use this ability on: Slimes, Elementals, Skeletons.
- If the monster has no damage resistance, Tomahawk will have no effect on it.
- Tomahawk has no effect on beneficial status effects that increase defense such as Protect or Cocoon.
- Consumes one Throwing Tomahawk per use.
- Tomahawk has no effect on Stoneskin.
- Tomahawk generates a considerable amount of enmity on the monster it is used on.
Tomhawk appears in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn as a Marauder ability available after completing the Brutal Strength class quest at level 15. The ability deals ranged damage to a single enemy with a potency of 130 and costs 120 TP to use. Due to it being ranged and that it is able to gain enemy enmity, the ability is often used as a starting move to pull enemies.
tomahawk is a type of axe from North America, traditionally resembling a hatchet with a straight shaft.A