The Tipa Caravan (クラビティパキャラバン, Kurabitipakyaraban?) are the group of protagonists found in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Like the other Crystal Caravanners, their quest is to collect Myrrh from Myrrh Trees to renew the power of the crystal in their village of Tipa. Along the way they discover more about the mysterious Miasma that plagues the land and of its origins.
The members in the Tipa Caravan are determined by the player. They create a character and select from which one of the four tribes they come from:
When first creating a character, players can choose the character's family profession.
There are a total of eight homes in Tipa, each one for a different trade:
- Alchemist - In an Alchemist family, the father will create different scrolls for weapons and accessories each year depending on their level.
- Blacksmith - In a Blacksmith family, the father will be able to craft different weapons and armors that cannot be made anywhere else in the game depending on their level.
- Farmer - In a Farmer family, they are able to create Wheat when sent Wheat Seeds.
- Fisherman - In a Fisherman family, the player will receive different amounts of fish each year depending on the character's relationship with their family.
- Merchant - In a Merchant family, the character will be able to purchase items from their father. In the beginning, he will not have much to sell, but as he levels up his inventory will grow. Depending on their relationship with their family, they will be able to purchase items at a cheaper price.
- Miller - In a Miller family, they are able to create Wheat just like the Farmer family, as well as Bags of Flour.
- Rancher - In a Rancher family, the character will receive different amounts of meat depending on their relationship with their family. Later on, they will also receive milk from their family.
- Tailor - In a Tailor family, the father will be able to craft different accessories. As they level up, they will be able to craft accessories that cannot be crafted anywhere else.