Time Magic (時魔法, Toki Mahō?), known as Time and Space Magic (時空魔法, Jikū Mahō?) in Japan, is a form of magic that alters the reality around a character or characters. In many games, these spells are divided up between White Magic and Black Magic.
Time Magic is the specialty of the Job class Time Mage.
- Banish - Banish sends all targets into nothingness. It has 3 levels; level 2 being Banishra, and level 3 being Banishga.
- Comet - Deals non-elemental damage to one target. It has 2 upgrades, either being Cometeo or Meteor. In games without Meteor, Comet is the replacement.
- Disable - Disable prevents a character from taking an action, but they can still move.
- Float - Float gives the target immunity from Earth-elemental attacks, but increases damage from Wind-elemental attacks. In Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy, Float also protected the party from damage in certain dungeons or from traps.
- Gravity - Deals percentile-based damage depending on the level of spell used. It has 4 levels; level 2 being Gravira, only appearing in Final Fantasy VII, level 3 being Graviga, and level 4 being Gravija.
- Haste - Haste speeds up an action of a character, allowing it to take more actions. First appeared as a Black Magic spell in the first Final Fantasy and later as a White Magic spell. Its upgrade is Hastega.
- Immobilize - Immobilize prevents a character from moving, but can still take other actions. Its upgrade is Immobilizega.
- Invisible - The character's Evasion rises. Its upgrade is Invisira.
- Meteor - Deals heavy non-elemental damage to all targets. Its upgrade is Meteorga.
- Quick - Quick allows a character to take an extra turn immediately.
- Reflect - Reflect prevents spells from affecting the target of the Reflect spell. Instead, the spell is reflected back at either the caster of the spell or, if the spell is on the same team as the target, a random foe. Usually appears as White Magic. Its upgrade is Reflectga.
- Regen - Regen allows characters to recover HP periodically until it wears off. This is also commonly a spell of White Magic, varying between titles. Its upgrade is Regenga.
- Slow - Slow slows down an action of a character, reducing the amount of actions it can do. Sometimes appears as White Magic. Its upgrade is Slowga.
- Stop - Stop prevents a character from taking action until it wears off. May appear as Black Magic. Its upgrade is Stopga.
- Vanish - The character turns intangible to physical attacks, but in exchange, its Magic Evasion is nullified. Its upgrade is Vanishga.
- Warp - Warp allows characters to escape from battle or the dungeon they are currently in. Sometimes, instead of escaping from battle, it attempts to kill the enemy party.
- Mute - In Final Fantasy V, all the enemies get the Silence status. However, there is a glitch with this, making the entire party the only ones who can be targeted with this spell.
- Old - In Final Fantasy V, lowers the level of a target.
- Return - In Final Fantasy V, resets the battle to the beginning.
- Speed - In Final Fantasy V, speeds up the flow of battle.
- Balance - In Final Fantasy XII, damages according how much HP is lost.
- Berserk - In Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (in other releases it is "Arcane Magick"), causes target to use physical attack only.
- Bleed - In Final Fantasy XII, lowers target HP rapidly with Sap.
- Break - In Final Fantasy XII, turns target to stone.
- Countdown - In Final Fantasy XII, causes Doom.
- Extend - In Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, causes the Spellbound status.
- Undo - In Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, it returns the target's HP and MP to that of its previous turn.
|Banish - Comet - Disable - Float - Gravity/Demi - Graviga/Quarter - Haste - Hastega - Immobilize - Invisible - Meteor - Quick - Reflect - Regen - Slow - Slowga - Stop - Teleport - Warp|
|Final Fantasy V|
|Mute - Old - Return - Speed|
|Final Fantasy XII|
|Balance - Berserk - Bleed - Break - Doom - Reflectga - Vanish - Vanishga|
|Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift|
|Extend - Undo|