Lion is the adopted daughter of Gilgamesh, pirate leader of Norg. While exploring the surrounding lands, she comes across a group of adventurers, and teams up with them to prevent the resurrection of the Shadow Lord.
Spoilers end here.
An Adventurer's Journey
- Sazh: Hmm, what's that? There seems to be someone waving their hands coming in our direction...
(Lion appears in the distance.)
- Firion: Does anyone knows her? She doesn't seem to be an enemy though, we should probably listen to what she has to say.
(Both the group and Lion run to meet each other.)
- Lion: Oh, I've been saved. I couldn't seem to find any other adventurers out here.
- Cloud: And you are?
- Lion: I'm Lion. I'm an adventurer on a journey, just like you.
- Squall: Lion? That's your name?
- Lion: Yup, that's right. A nice name, don't you think?
- Squall: Is that so... what were you doing out here?
- Lion: I was out looking for a friend who may have went astray, when I got completely lost myself...
- Lion: But I started to begin a little worried after spotting a group of monsters nearby. It would be difficult to take them on my own.
- Galuf: To strike against a group of monsters all alone... That does seem to be a difficult task to complete.
- Lion: If you don't mind, could you guys help me take care of those monsters?
- Lion: That way, we'd have an edge over them!
- Firion: Of course I'll lend a hand, I can't just leave someone in need!
- Cloud: Our interests seem to be mutual since we're also fighting against monsters.
- Lion: Thank you! You guys seem trustworthy.
- Lion: Well then, I'll check out the situation. We'll meet up again in a moment.
- Sazh: Got it! You be careful now, miss!
- Lion: Heh, you too!
(Lion runs out of scene.)
Those Two from Vana'diel
- Layle: Yo, Lion! How are you doing?
- Lion: I'm fine! The amount of monsters have gone down considerably thanks to you guys!
- Steiner: Indeed! With our combined strength, a mere group of monsters are no match for us!
- Lion: Heh, I'm envious of the comradery you guys share.
- Lion: Even so, your appearances and equipments seem to be largely diverse... How did you guys get to know each other?
- Mog: Kupo~! As for that question, Mog will answer, kupo~!
(Mog explain the situation to Lion.)
- Lion: That's... hard to believe... this being a different world to Vana'diel...
- King: You said you were looking for a friend earlier, didn't you?
- Lion: Hmm, was there any other adventurers here who came from Norg?
- King: I don't think we've come across any up till now... Does anyone else know?
- Shantotto: Norg is the name of a town within a cave in my world of Vana'diel, and is inhabited by pirates.
- Lion: Eh?! Professor Shantotto! Did you came to this world as well?!
- King: You know her?
- Lion: Not exactly... In our world, she was a hero of a past war. She's been known as the strongest black mage...
- Shantotto: You seem to know your stuff!
- Layle: Well that's a shame. Shantotto may be from the same world as you, but she's not the person you're looking for, is she?
- Layle: And I don't know anything about anyone who may have come from Norg.
- Lion: Yeah... Even if such people were here, they would be all from a different world, so I can't hope to look for clues...
- Lion: I think I'll go ahead and continue searching for more people who may have come to this world like Professor Shantotto...
- Layle: Hold on a minute, are you planning on going by yourself again?
- Lion: Yes, it won't be good for you to help me any further.
- Layle: Geez... Hey moogle, you alright with her saying this?
- Mog: That'd be worrisome, kupo~! We'll go together with you on your adventure, kupo~!
- Layle: Well, there you have it...
- Lion: This can't be... Wouldn't it be troublesome for you?
- Steiner: Do not worry! Even here, nothing can go wrong with strength in numbers!
- King: Besides, this moogle here is able to detect people from other worlds, including your friends.
- Layle: I think we can agree that it's better to make use of the people here as much as possible. I don't see a reason for use to not come along.
- Lion: Heh, thank you, it'd be a huge help. You seem to be a meddlesome person, Layle.
- Layle: It was just a whim.
- Lion: Well then, I'll take you up on that offer. From now on, I'll be in your care.
A Journey to Freedom
(A group of warriors close a distortion.)
- Layle: Alright! This dimensional distortion is now closed!
- Lion: With this, the monsters will no longer appear around here, right?
- Bartz: That's right, it's such a relief to see that Lion is so strong!
- Penelo: But there are still other dimensional distortions all around the world...
- Laguna: I guess our journey will continue 'til we've closed them all.
- Lion: Yeah... we've still got a long way to go... Heh heh...
- Layle: Huh? You look strangely happy...
- Lion: Well, it's always been a dream of mine from long ago to travel the world with some friends...
- Lion: Of course, I know that it isn't going to be an easy journey, and that difficult and painful times are also awaiting us.
- Lion: But you know, that's exactly why I want to experience it.
- Lion: Overcoming something difficult with friends... wouldn't that be wondeful?
- Layle: Ah, I see. I guess it's normal to want to have the freedom of travelling with friends.
- Laguna: No no Layle! This girl has said something wonderful! As an aspiring journalist I can definitely understand Lion's feelings!
- Penelo: Eh? Lion and Laguna are similar in a journalistic sense...
- Layle: Having Lion as a travelling comrade... I guess the journey wouldn't be so bad, after all we have indeed gone to quite a few places.
- Bartz: I love travelling as well! It's extremely exciting to see various different places!
- Bartz: Though it was a lot more fun with Boko around... I wonder how he's doing...
- Onion Knight: Well it's great to have fun and all, but weren't you looking for someone from your world, Lion?
- Lion: It certainly does worry me, but the adventurers of Vana'diel aren't that weak...
- Lion: I'm sure they're also enjoying their journey and coming across new companions, just like me.
- Laguna: Yes, yes! Stay positive! I bet they're also have other lovely ladies stir'd up into their journey!
- Onion Knight: Do such words even exist in Laguna's world?
- Lion: Once this journey is over, I'd love to be able to travel to your worlds as well!
- Lion: Until then, we'll be travelling together, it's a promise!
- Bartz: Yeah! Leave it to me! I'll even show you around!
- Onion Knight: Bartz showing people around, huh...
- Penelo: Ahaha, I guess this will truly be a journey full of freedom!
Spoilers end here.
Thoughtful Fellow Adventurer - 01Edit
Thoughtful Fellow Adventurer - 02Edit
Thoughtful Fellow Adventurer - 03Edit
Thoughtful Fellow Adventurer - 04Edit
Thoughtful Fellow Adventurer - 05Edit
Thoughtful Fellow Adventurer - Co-opEdit
- This event was rerun for the 15th anniversary of Final Fantasy XI. Making it the first one to reappear in such a way, since all the character events always end up being reincorporated to the game as bonus chapters.