Terra is a playable character in a demonstration produced by Square using characters and settings from Final Fantasy VI. The demo was Square's first foray into realtime 3D graphics, and many assumed it was a precursor to a new Final Fantasy title for the Nintendo 64, but Square had not yet committed to Nintendo's console and much of the technology demonstrated in the demo was later put to use in the rendering of full motion video sequences for Final Fantasy VII and subsequent games for the PlayStation. Terra has blonde hair like in her Yoshitaka Amano artworks, and brandishes a short sword.
Terra appears as a legendary (5-stars) Triple Triad card.
|Terra Branford Card|
|Totaltotal stats of the card||27|
|Obtain||Random drop from the trial "The Dragon's Neck".|
Terra appears as a non-elemental summon.
Two Terra summons are available to players, Terra and Terra OR. Both phantom stones share the special attack, Trance, which restores 1/5 of max MP to all party members and increases their attack, magic, and speed for two turns. Summoning Terra and Terra OR both cost 1 point from the Consumption Gauge.
Each Terra phantom stone are based on a specific design of Terra from Final Fantasy VI. The design for the Terra summon are based on her default Yoshitaka Amano artwork. Her rank five stone depicts Terra wearing the Slave Crown from the beginning of the game on her head and wields a purple sword. The rank six stone artwork shows Terra without the slave crown and now wields a silver sword. Her final artwork is loosely based on Terra's Trance form, giving her a light-purple hue over her skin and hair and her sword changes to the red blade. The Terra OR stone uses her original sprite from Final Fantasy VI.
Stats and AbilitiesEdit
- Command Abilities
Terra allows the user to use the following abilities:
- Riot Blade I
- Riot Blade II
- Riot Blade III
- Riot Blade IV
- Stat Growth
|Rank||Maximum Level||Phantom Stone Cost||Max HP||Max MP||Max Attack||Max Magic||Max Speed||Components Needed|
- Passive Abilities
- The following are passive abilities granted to characters equipped with Terra.
|Ability-Type||Effect||Minimum Rank to Activate|
|Riot Blade||Total Damage +5 - 20%||5|
- Terra OR
- Command Abilities
Terra OR allows the user to use the following abilities:
- Meltdown I
- Meltdown II
- Meltdown III
- Passive Abilities
- The following are passive abilities granted to characters equipped with Terra OR.
|Ability-Type||Effect||Minimum Rank to Activate|
|Meltdown||5% MP recovery every turn||7|
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)Edit
Terra travels with Onion Knight of Final Fantasy III, and later Cloud Strife of Final Fantasy VII. She once served Chaos and has lost many of her memories of this time. Her control over her powers wanes to the point she attacks her friends. Kefka appears to taunt Terra with her abilities' destructive nature, attempting to sway her back to Chaos's side. Terra rejects his offers, finding hope for a peaceful world where dreams can be fulfilled, including her desire to not have to fear her own abilities.
Her alternate form is a recolor to match her Final Fantasy VI green-haired appearance.
Terra returns in the prequel to Dissidia Final Fantasy alongside all the other characters from the original, but this time is aligned with Chaos. Controlled by Kefka and used as a tool of war, she begins to resist when Kuja weakens Kefka's hold on her, reminded of his own forced servitude. Vaan comes across Kefka as he tortures Terra into submission and helps her escape, taking on a role similar to Locke's. Left by Vaan to hide and wait until he takes her to Cosmos, she sees a group of manikins approaching her throne and fights them to protect Cosmos. The weakened Terra stumbles to Cosmos's throne where the goddess senses she wishes to end the fighting and endows Terra with her powers, allowing her to awaken as a Warrior of Cosmos in the thirteenth cycle.
Her third outfit gives her blue and white garments to match an alternate Yoshitaka Amano artwork. As a bonus downloadable fourth outfit, Terra wears a black and white striped dress that bares her midriff.
In the daily Mognet mail, Terra is expressed by sender Linaly to be a moogle lover.
- Enjoy DDFF More!
The Untold Tale in Story Mode has a moogle who helps you out as a Summonstone. But its reaction seems to differs depending on who's fronting the party! Especially the moogle-loving Terra's in charge... Hehehe!
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015)Edit
Terra is a playable character for the Arcade system, as a representative of Final Fantasy VI. She is classed as a Shoot-type character, and she can now enter Trance regularly through EX Skill, increasing her damage output.
Terra is set to appear as an obtainable character.
|Cloud: I couldn't finish 'em. Looks like this's gonna get complicated.|
|The following tables are incomplete and require the level 30, 40, 50, and 60 Stats areas to be filled. If you wish, please examine the table and add anything missing. Remove this notice upon completion.|
Robbed of free-will since her girlhood, Terra is a young woman feared by many by simple dint of the magic she was born with—the same magic which has brought destruction upon the world time and again. When her mind is at last her own again, she shuns the power that lies within her and loses sight of the path which she must take—until she learns of her own origins and understands the role which only she can fill.
Terra is a default playable character. She is a Spell and Support oriented character. Her Limit Break, Trance, multiplies her Magic Power by 3 after achieving a 30-chain in battle.
- iOS Stats
|Pray (Lv1)||10||Level 5|
|Pray (Lv2)||18||Level 35|
|Pray (Lv3)||27||Level 70|
Terra returns as a default playable character. If the player did not select her among their party of four, she can later be unlocked by collecting Indigo Crystal Shards.
She is a Spell oriented character. Her Limit Break, Trance, functions the same as before, multiplying her Magic Power by 3 after achieving a 30-chain in battle.
|Invisible (Lv1)||6||Level 10|
|Boost (Lv1)||8||Level 25|
|Invisible (Lv2)||9||Level 35|
|Boost (Lv2)||14||Level 65|
|HP Up (Lv2)||8||Level 60|
|Level 5 Flare||32||Level 95|
Terra is an ally and a summonable Legend depicted in her default Final Fantasy VI outfit, an event-related Reindeer outfit, a Santa outfit, a swimsuit, her Esper form and wearing her Magitek Armor. Her abilities are Bravery, Firaga, Flood, Gravija and Riot Blade. Her EX abilities are Riot Blade, Maduin, Chaos Wave, Ultima, Blizzard Combo, Holy Combo, Flood, Ultima [VI] and Meltdown [DFF]. She was first introduced as an event ally in the event, "Winter Holiday Campaign" while wearing an exclusive Reindeer suit. Leveling her up in this event granted the player the Terra I summon stone, along with each level-up at a specified number granting players an additional summon stone. The Terra II summon stone was obtained from inviting a certain number of friends to play Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade.
She was present as an ally during the coinciding events, "Final Fantasy Special Event Parts 1 & 2 - Shattered World" and "Final Fantasy Special Event Parts 1 & 2 - Showdown", in which she was unlocked by clearing the Tower of Rubble stage. Leveling her up to 99 in these events granted the player her individualized SSR weapon, Ichigeki.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
This half-esper and half-human girl likes nothing more than cuddling fluffy moogles.
Terra is an exclusive character only available from the Premium Character Shop as a random downloadable content. She uses the Riot Blade ability during battle.
A girl born with magical powers that were once thought lost to the world, Terra helps the Returners, acting as a bridge between the world of humans and espers.
Terra appears as a recuitable character. She can enter her Trance form upon execution of a Soul Break. She could be recruited in the Monster in the Lethe? and Touched by Magic Challenge Events, also appearing in Forgotten Bond and Prima Donna.
Terra's class is Magitek Elite. Her combat role is Offensive Magic.
Terra is weighted as a Red Mage/Summoner hybrid as opposed to being a fighter given that her magic stats far outpace her physical stats, a trait she shares in full with Ashe. Her Soul Breaks center on Black Magic, a school in which she excels. She is, however, more durable than a typical mage given the right equipment.
Her default Soul Break is Trance Attack in which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment she enters Trance and deals physical damage to one target. The sword Enhancer (VI) allows Terra to use Trance Fira in which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment she enters Trance and casts fire elemental magic on all targets. The robe Minerva Bustier (VI) allows Terra to use Trance Flood which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment deals magic water damage to all targets and raises user's Magic.
She can equip accessories.
- No. 132: "A woman who appears in tales from another world, where she played a role in the great conflict between humankind and espers. She was born possessing magic, a thing thought to be impossible in her world. The Gestahlian Empire seized control of her mind and made her a Magitek soldier, forcing her to assist them in their goal of world domination. When she is sent to Narshe to seize the frozen esper Valigarmanda, the esper resonates with her and the effect is so profound that it knocks her unconscious. She is freed from the empire's control when she wakes, but loses all memory of who she is."
- No. 133: "A woman who appears in tales from another world, where she played a role in the great conflict between humankind and espers. She was born possessing magic and used by the Gestahlian Empire as tool for murder. In Narshe, she meets a young man named Locke who invites her to join the Returners and rebel against Gestahl. But even as she joins in their fight, she cannot silence the questions in her heart. Who is she? Why she alone able to use magic? And is there something wrong with her is she cannot understand human emotion?"
- No. 134: "A woman who appears in tales from another world, where she played a role in the great conflict between humankind and espers. She was born possessing magic; the child of a union between an esper and a human woman. After being controlled by the Gestahlian Empire for most of her life, she finds herself nearly robbed of emotion. She tries to serve as a bridge between espers and human, but cannot quell the anxiety she feels at being unable to understand the "love" that other people experience. Only after the world is destroyed and it falls to her to care for the orphans left behind destruction does she begin to understand what love is."
- No. 135: "A woman who appears in tales from another world, where she played a role in the great conflict between humankind and espers. Though magic was thought to have been lost from her world, she was born able to use it, and that rare ability made her a target of the Gestahlian Empire as a child. Emperor Gestahl stole her away from her parents and turned her into a tool to be used for his dreams of world domination. Under the empire's control, she was ordered to pilot a set of Magitek armor to invade the mining town of Narshe and seize the esper that had been found encased in ice within the mine there."
- No. 136: "A woman who appears in tales from another world, where she played a role in the great conflict between humankind and espers. She was born possessing magic and used as a tool of destruction by the Gestahlian Empire, which sought to conquer the entire world. The empire stole from her both her freedom and her emotions. She is powerful enough to destroy fifty of the empire's Magitek soldiers in mere minutes. But her future is forever altered when she meets an esper enclosed in ice in a small mining town..."
- —Entries for different versions of Terra.
Terra's job is listed as Magic Warrior, while her role are Magic Damage and Healing. She can equip daggers, swords and staves, rods and guns(quite amusingly) as weapons, along with light shields, hats, clothes, and accessories. Her Trust Master Reward is Ultima.
Terra's basic attack is a blast of energy she projects from both hands(ranged). Her attack only has 1 hit(s) and deals damage almost instantaneously.
Terra has a unique passive ability called 'Guardian Mog' she can learn at level 57 on Rank 4; this ability allows Terra to remove all status ailments from herself after each battle.
Terra starts to float and assumes her Trance form; then she lashes some energy slashes- severing all enemies before reverting back to her normal form. Riot Blade has 3 hit(s) and inflicts damage approximately after 2 seconds. Her Limit Burst may not deal damage to the fullest potential due them being physical damage- while Terra's more proficient in dealing magical damage.
|3★||Riot Blade||Base: Physical damage (2.1x) to all enemies.|
Max: Physical damage (2.55x) to all enemies.
|4★||Magic Flash||Base: Physical damage (2.3x) to all enemies.|
Max: Physical damage (3x) to all enemies.
|5★||Apocalyptic Blade||Base: Physical damage (2.5x) to all enemies.|
Max: Physical damage (3.45x) to all enemies.
While casting a spell, Terra closes her eyes, keep her feet close together and both hands focusing yellow-green energy. When readying a special ability, Terra turn to the side holding both hands radiating with violet energy. Terra's victory pose is her with one hand on the chest and the other spread open, expressing relief(similar to her victory pose in Dissidia).
CV: Natalie Lander/Yukari Fukui
Age in Grymoire: 18
Esper Protector: Maduin
Notes: Magitek armor / Slave crown / Maduin / More powerful than she can begin to know
Terra is represented by several cards, all of them, save for her Yoshitaka Amano esper art cards, being of the Ice attribute, despite Terra being associated with Fire magic in Final Fantasy VI. Her attuning to the Ice element may derive from her first being met in Narshe, a town perpetually covered in snow. Her abilities center on Eidolons, such as increasing the cost of the opponent's Eidolons, searching them from the deck, or being unable to be targeted by them. Her Dissidia art and Amano art cards can use her Trance and Riot Blade abilities.
Terra appears as an opponent and on Triple Triad cards in the version available via the Final Fantasy Portal App. On Easy she uses the rule Same. On Normal she uses Same and Plus. On Hard she uses Chaos and Swap and the rare five star cards of herself and of Celes at the opera can be won from her. She uses the trading rule One.
Puzzle & DragonsEdit
Terra appeared in Puzzle & Dragons in a Final Fantasy collaboration event starting on March 21, 2016.