Tauri are monsters loosely resembling bulls. The Tauri are somewhat of an amalgamation of other creatures of Vana'diel: Their tails resemble that of a lizard, their horns that of a ram, their wings that of a bat and their claws that of a crab.
Tauri sometimes drop a horn and wing, though neither is particularly demanded by crafters. A more desired item sometimes carried by the Tauri is a Fomor Codex, which is said to contain the tragic history of the Fomors, implying they may have had something to do with that history.
- Corrupt Einherjar
- Nightmare Taurus
- Shadowclaw Devastator
- Apocalyptic Ray: Frontal area of effect Doom. Gaze Attack. Long charge time; very easy to Stun and/or turn your back to avoid it. Used only by Eldertaur.
- Back Swish: Cone Attack damage and Knockback.
- Chthonian Ray: Frontal area of effect Doom. Gaze Attack. Long charge time; very easy to Stun and/or turn your back to avoid it. Used only by Mindertaur.
- Frightful Roar: Area of effect Defense Down.
- Lethal Triclip : Area of effect 3-hit attack and Max HP Down. Only used by certain notorious monsters.
- Mortal Ray: Single target Gaze Attack doom.
- Mow: Area damage and Poison.
- Triclip: Single target damage and Dexterity down.
- Unblest Armor: Shell effect.
Taurus is one of the constellations of the zodiac, and its also a zodiac sign used in astrology.