Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Timber Maniacs Articles Cause and EffectEdit
I was thinking, isn't it worth mentioning what can be the cause and effect of you flashbacks with Laguna? I recall that you can pick up the first issue in either the Balamb hotel OR the Train Station, and depending on which one you pick, it results in Laguna's scene where Kiros tells him "Yeah right, have some juice you weenie." as they talk about getting drinks and when Laguna talks with Julia, instead of rambling, he humorously ends up passed out on the bed drunk when the scene transitions. It should also be worth mentioning that getting the article in Shumi Village brings Ward into the movie flashback (which obviously doesn't do much for the dialogue however). I'd make the edit myself, but lately, whenever I make an edit on this wiki, it keeps getting deleted for one reason or another. So I thought I'd bring it up here first before anybody does anything. --Christengo (talk) 12:02, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Scattered here and there across the relevant articles are the cause and effects of what you can do in Laguna's flashbacks or as Squall that can change something within the game. Your edits are being reverted because you're either constantly repeating yourself or not giving viable sources. You should ideally read the Manual of Style before you start editing though nobody ever does... Tia-Lewise 15:48, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
I get it, I'm on notice here. It's not like I was trolling or anything. >_> And you're right, I didn't bother to think of looking at those articles, let alone the rules. My bad. --Christengo (talk) 20:56, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
- They are listed in Timber Maniacs (in "Trivia" of all places). Is there anything else that effects the flashbacks? JBed (talk) 15:59, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Reading the magazines is the only thing that changes some things in the flashbacks, but not all the variations are known. Like the moomba in Lunatic Pandpra Research Facility can fall off or Laguna may save it in a nick of time. I've had both events happen but I don't know what magazine influences this and doesn't seem like anyone does.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 16:07, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
That's a good question and I saw both of them too. I think it might've been from a certain article you collect. On my last play through, I was mindful of which articles to collect and when I collected them to get the outcome I wanted. (I liked seeing Laguna ramble instead of pass out, and I enjoyed seeing Ward rejoin him with Kiros sooner rather than later.) But I certainly collected most all of them before I went to Esthar. --Christengo (talk) 21:03, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
Can I suggest we scrap the table and instead have it down in sub-sections? The images look a little messy in the last column as they're all different sizes. I can't get any images myself to replace them or add in the missing ones as I'm now in Ultimecia's Castle and have no way of getting to Garden :/ Tia-Lewise 11:22, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Scrap the table? Yeah, I would format it in sub-sections too. 184.108.40.206 14:34, May 8, 2013 (UTC)