Do we have any sources for this please? An announcement for anything of the like?
The game was revealed in Famitsu, and the article was translated by Andriasang.com: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/07/26/ff_legends_detailed/
Is it possible to (at least in brackets) put meanings of characters' names? "Sol" is (probably) Latin for "sun", "Nacht" is German for "night", and so on?—Kaimi 17:57, August 21, 2010 (UTC)
They all seem to be based on times of the day, especially in the contrast of the day and night, for example we all know what Dusk means which is when day turns to night, but his sister's name, Alba means dawn in Spanish
And Glaive is a type of sword. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 10:37, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
Maybe this can help.
- Sol: Latin for sun.
- Sarah: Homeage to FF1
- Aigis: An alternate spelling for Aegis.
- Dusk: After sunset, before nightfall.
- Nacht: German for night.
- Diana: Roman Goddess of the Moon
- Glaive: A type of European polearm similar to the Japanese 'naginata' or Chinese 'guan dao'.
- Alba: Latin for "dawn", which is the opposite of dusk.
22.214.171.124 20:54, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
Updating the page Edit
Isn't someone going to fill in the rest of the "Tome" stories? And what about the job classes? I'm guessing one of us needs to learn some Japanese to read the descriptions on the official site.
Well, I managed to transfer the job ability info here(Still needs some work in translation). Any care to add in the sprites?
A site with some info on the game... Edit
I found this site for some information on the game: http://ffrejyennzu.dora-dora.net/index.html
It's in Japanese though, so if anyone can understand the language, maybe they can fill in some spots?
Yukkuri-chan 01:03 July 23, 2011 (UTC)
A 3DS remake for Japan AND Overseas. Edit
There should be a Nintendo 3DS remake of this game for Japan, and like Kingdom Hearts Re:coded is available to Overseas!
- Improved 2D sprites, quality and text quality, like Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection!
- Extended story line, more jobs and more side quests.
- The AP needed to learn Arise is now from 350 to 650.
- 3D (SO SIMPLE! :D)
- The title is changed to Final Fantasy Legends: Hikari to Yami no Senshi 3D.
- The Overseas title is Final Fantasy Tales: Light and Darkness.
- New superbosses including Penance from Final Fantasy X, but looks more like Ruby Weapon.
- Extra Dungeons, a Bestiary and more extra stuff are added for the remake.
- The Battle Menu layout looks more similar to FFIV:CC (as said above) including the return of the Band ability along with the introduction of the Band Gauge with a list of Band abilities which can be accessed by pressing L Button making it easier to execute them.
- Can now simply access the Sub Menu by pressing R Button with the following choices (Can switch back to the Command Menu with the same button):
- Easy Mode (Default), Critical Mode, and New Game Plus (Required to play Critical Mode) are added for the remake.
- Avatar Menu, originally introduced in Re:coded, is available to access in any town by asking the keeper of the Pub. It's also available to access from the Title Menu. It also has some tweaks to fit the Final Fantasy experience.
- Can now save data in-game and onto a SD card installed.
- ...and much more!
Ethanthegamer 05:20, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I've waited too long for a reply/answer so... What do you mean? :/ --Ethanthegamer 00:44, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
So, Hikari to Yami no Senshi is officially Dimensions over here? Do we have official confirmation on that? If so, can we change this name to the slightly-less-of-a-mouthful Dimensions? Jimcloud 17:03, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- There's a reference for it at the end of page. Look legit? I has English logo for it, albeit with TM instead of (R). Suspicious?Keltainentoukokuu 17:05, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Yup. This is gonna create so many bad links... :3
- EDIT CONFLICT: I think they just haven't bothered to register it yet or something.(Cat + meow)(RC + Sbox) = FFW 17:07, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- All righty then, I'll move and edit links in a minute, guys :D Jimcloud 17:07, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Cat: Yeah just noticed the current logo also has symbol for unregistered trademark rather than registered trademark. Guess it's just their thing for this one. Thanks Jim if you want to go the effort.Keltainentoukokuu 17:10, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
NO CONFIRMATION. Please revert all edits relating to this until Dimensions is confirmed to be the translation of Hikari to Yami no Senshi. Bwburke94 18:44, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Absolutely not. More like until it's confirmed that it's NOT. People made hundreds of edits over the past hour or so, if you want to revert them all and then just have to add them back in, go ahead. Sorry(Cat + meow)(RC + Sbox) = FFW 18:48, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- this is art of the characters of Hikari to Yami no Senshi by Amano. this is the background of FFD's webpage. Seem familiar? I'd say it's all but officially confirmed. It's possible they're doing something similar to what they did with TAY, where they released all of the episodes together later and localized it for folks overseas. If they are, then this page should still be kept here, no? Jimcloud 19:17, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- I can't check but it should be there. According to EU blog. JBed (talk) 13:20, September 2, 2012 (UTC)
More than half way through the newly released North-American iOS Dimensions. The plot is similar to the description listed for the Japanese version, but has MAJOR differences.
Eduardo does not have a mermaid lover, it's his mother who turned into a mermaid to save his life.
Ricard does not have Barbara's father's spear, the party does.
The dark knight Graham does not bad-mouth Sigurd and is actually supportive of Nacht. There is not mention of a crystal that Sigurd was protecting.
There is no mention of Dr Lugae having a real daughter, and Argy was not "sent" to get the party, she fell while attacking Sid.
Matoya does not have a crystal eye, and the Desert Moon are killed by the empire. You do not use any disguises or passwords to sneak on to a ship that is attempting to destroy the Desert Moon.
That's as far as I've reached, not quite done the dancer's tale.126.96.36.199 03:36, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
Final Fantasy V?Edit
I had heard a long time ago that this game had some sort of connection to ffV. I can't find anything like this anymore. Is that true or what's the deal??--Mrmike336 (talk) 01:33, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone knows the soundtrack for the game? We need an article for it, because we have many track titles floating on the Wiki in Dimensions sections and this are actually the ones that float on the YouTube (I think that all the track titles comes from the videos uploaded by BelgianRofls from YouTube). Well, I could make a new sandbox in my userspace to show you how the page would look, but randomly placing titles would be rather awkward, as all other game soundtracks are in the official order as provided by SE. Also, I think the game's final boss theme sounds a lot like "Time's Master" from FFXIII-2 (yes, I know that Dimensions was superior in date of release to FFXIII-2, and I it makes me wonder if Mizuta did the soundtrack for the game.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) 10:26, February 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Found it: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/fainarufantajirejenzu-guangto/id453458799 All 43 track names are here but in Japanese, hopefully somebody could translate them so those youtube ones I put up as placeholders can be replaced??? (: Kimlasca warrior (talk) 07:49, February 21, 2013 (UTC)