Does X-Attack in FFV work with the Berserker's Berserk ability? --184.108.40.206 18:22, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- No. X-Attack/Rapid Fire is a selectable command, and it does not overwrite the attack ability. ScatheMote 18:26, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Whichever is last in the materia order is the one that will be active in battle, 2x Cut will override Slash-All if it's placed second in the list. Mega All however will always override 2x Cut, regardless of placement. Brago-77 20:47, January 20, 2010 (UTC)
How is VIII's "Shot" and X-2's Trigger Happy considered the same thing as Barrage? I would understand if the X-2 Thief job class attacking twice was on here, but not Trigger Happy. 220.127.116.11 21:17, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I think FFX-2 Thief is mentioned in Double Attack although it is an innate trait of the job rather than an ability. I also don't get why Shot and Trigger Happy are in Barrage...I understand Barrage as an ability where you attack four times like your normal attack, but often with lowered attack power per hit.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 22:42, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, okay. I thought we kept 2x attack and 4x attack on Barrage.
- But if 2x attack has its own page.
- Then it is even clearer that Barrage is only meant for a 4x attack command.
- And not just any command where you can use more than one attack on a turn. 18.104.22.168 22:47, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Let's remove them! "Shoot as many as you can within a time limit" attacks I suppose could have an article of their own if you had a bit more of them... Maybe Dirge of Cerberus also has something like that, but I've never seen any DoC attacks on ability pages. Guess that's a whole different genre.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 22:54, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
Contradiction in FF6 section? Edit
Unlike with FFX, I'm no expert with FF6, but still... it says that the glitch will not trigger if the monster is alone, but then for an example uses a monster that *only* appears alone? So which half of this is incorrect? HayanNinja (talk) 08:11, April 17, 2014 (UTC)
Unknown: FFATB, BD, FFL:TnS. Wondering if Dissidia's should even be listed here. At this point, it feels like that one could have its own page just about. In any event, the みだれうち version seems to be mostly the commands themselves, while the ラピッドファイア (TAY being the Band ability, IX being an enemy ability) and 乱れ撃ち are all part of a skillset (though the X-2 one is used by a Malboro apparently). So...what do here?
The second can go, yes, they're definitely separate. The first and third can say grouped barring a clarification that they translate to the same thing, because outside of name they are very similar abilities with identical effects, so if the names are the same I think we can say it's intended they're the same ability. Drake Clawfang (talk) 04:06, March 28, 2015 (UTC)
Understood. Not sure what all the names are in each of the games, but we can always check the pages for them I suppose.
Argh, hiragana and katakana and kanji! So would that mean that the Cyclone issue is the same thing then, in that while they're using different ways of saying it, they're effectively the same because they're written in two different forms?
Usually the tip-off is the romaji. Romaji is how it's spoken.
Regarding the Cyclone issue, I assume you mean between the one on the page ([hiragana]たつまき lit. Tornado), and the talk page ([katakana]サイクロン lit. Cyclone).
Meanwhile, the ability on the Tornado page is [katakana]トルネド, lit. Tornado<-- a katakanisation of the English word. Unlike Cyclone (サイクロン), which is an everyday Japanese word, トルネド isn't.
So it would be like an English game having an ability called "Tatsumaki", and the spell animation being a tornado... sorta. Because they use English words all the time in Japanese media. JBed (talk) 04:33, March 28, 2015 (UTC)
Oh...right. I did use that on some occasions when dealing with this whole splitting issue (though they don't really use romaji on the site I use to check these things out sadly, so it's harder to figure out if they're the same by doing that. I guess I COULD use this site, but it's quicker over there sometimes).Talk:Cyclone (Ability) for that one. You'll see the issue there is that while it's called たつまき (Tatsumaki) for Cyclone, another Cyclone is called サイクロン (Saikuron)...so there's two things that are named the same in English outright. I can't do what I'll be doing with Twin Lance with these, since they're both abilities so not sure WHAT to do with them at all...
Bump. Wholly agree with a split. There's a new reason to: FFXIV has an ability called Barrage for Archers, and an ability called Rapid Fire for Machinists. Both do a similar thing, but I highly doubt there are two abilities in the game in the Japanese version with the same Japanese name.What should they be split into? Another page called Rapid Fire (Ability)?