- See also: Synergist.
Synergist is a role in Final Fantasy XIII-2. Its main function is to cast positive statuses or "buffs" on allies, as well as nullifying negative ones. The Synergist(s) prioritizes spells depending on the paradigm tune; if X-tuned, it will bestow single-target spells like Bravery and Protect; if W-tuned, it will bestow multi-target spells like Bravega and Protectga.
Role Bonus: Extended DurationEdit
|Role Status||Self Bonus||Ally Bonus|
|Starting||Duration Boost +0%||Duration Boost +5%|
|Bonus Boost I||Duration Boost +15%||Duration Boost +5%|
|Bonus Boost II||Duration Boost +30%||Duration Boost +8%|
|Enhanced Synergist||Duration Boost +50%||Duration Boost +10%|
The Enhanced Role ability adds 1 rank; if the wearer has no boosts they would instead be treated as having Bonus Boost I and so forth.
|Boon||Extend duration of target's existing status enhancements upon bestowing new ones.||-||50|
|Ability||Effect||Monsters and Level|
|Boon||Extend duration of target's existing status enhancements upon bestowing new ones.||Hidden: Infuse 99+ SAB levels|
|Ability||ATB||Time (s)||Effect||Role Level|
|Protect||2||180||Raise target's physical resistance.||1||3|
|Shell||2||180||Raise target's magic resistance.||8||1|
|Veil||2||180||Raise target's status ailment resistance.||18||7|
|Vigilance||2||180||Decrease target's odds of being interrupted. Decrease wound damage taken.||30||11|
|Protectga||3||30||Enhance all allies' physical resistance.||-||18|
|Shellga||3||30||Enhance all allies' magic resistance.||-||21|
|Veilga||3||30||Raise all allies' resistance to status ailments.||-||26|
|Vigilaga||3||30||Decrease all allies' odds of being interrupted. Decrease wound damage taken.||-||28|
The Conjurer is exclusive to Lightning in the Requiem of the Goddess downloadable content scenario. The ATB charge rate is much slower than in other roles, but it is somewhat remedied that spells cast by the Conjurer bestow several status enhancements on the target, but at the cost of removing the previous ones if they were bestowed by other abilities.
|Mighty Guard||5||Removes buffs and bestows Protect, Shell, Veil, and Vigilance on self.||3|
|Aura||5||Removes buffs and bestows Bravery, Faith, and Haste on self.||5|
- Serah and Noel only learn defensive enhancements and therefore have to rely on monster Synergists to enhance the party's offensive capabilities.
- In contrast to Final Fantasy XIII, no playable units nor monster allies can learn Haste. The only way for players to obtain Haste is to get a preemptive strike or equipment, like the Hermes Sandals. Another way of obtaining Haste is by reviving an ally using Phoenix Blood.
- Another method is to use a Feral Link that provides Haste, though those are few and far between. Lightning's Aura is the only command that can grant Haste, and only to her.
- The Bar-spells Synergists could learn in Final Fantasy XIII are not available in Final Fantasy XIII-2 in any form. The closest one could get would be resistance accessories.
- Sentinel's Element Guard is the closest to Bar— spells from the first installment as it reduces received elemental damage.
- -Ga versions of spells have been added since Final Fantasy XIII and they share similarities with the now removed -ra versions: Both the -ga and -ra tiers have significantly shorter durations than their regular versions, but the boost for Bravery, Protect, Faith, and Shell hasn't changed.
- Since the removal of the Water element, Enwater has disappeared and Enaero has been added.
- Vigilance has had its effect partially changed since Final Fantasy XIII; it no longer boosts the affected character's chances of interrupting enemies. Instead, Vigilance now lowers Wound damage taken.
|This article or section is a stub about a job class in Final Fantasy XIII-2. You can help Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.|
|Final Fantasy XIII-2 Abilities|
|Powerchain - Lifesiphon - Faultsiphon - Launch - Ravage - Smite - Blindside - Scourge - Jeopardize - Deathblow - Adrenaline|
|Bloodthirsty - Stagger: Wound - Stagger: Drain - Fog Chaser - Poison Chaser - Pain Chaser - Curse Chaser - Imperil Chaser - Deshell Chaser - Deprotect Chaser - Slow Chaser - Haste Feeder - Bravery Feeder - Faith Feeder|
|Attack - Blitz - Ruin - Ruinga - Meteor Javelin|
|Drain Attack - Area Sweep|
|Vigor - Overwhelm - Fearsiphon|
|Felflame - Felfrost - Felspark - Felgust|
|Fire - Fira - Firaga - Blizzard - Blizzara - Blizzaga - Thunder - Thundara - Thundaga - Aero - Aerora - Aeroga - Flamestrike - Froststrike - Sparkstrike - Galestrike - Ultima Arrow|
|Heat Blitz - Ice Blitz - Electric Blitz - Aero Blitz|
|Evade - Counter - Deathward - Fringeward - Reprieve|
|Provoke - Elude - Challenge - Vendetta - Entrench - Steelguard - Mediguard|
|Deprotect - Deprotega - Deshell - Deshellga - Poison - Poisonga - Imperil - Imperilga - Wound - Woundga - Dispel - Dispelga|
|Deprotect II - Heavy Deprotectga - Deshell II - Heavy Deshellga - Poison II - Heavy Poisonga - Imperil II - Heavy Imperilga - Curse - Cursega - Pain - Painga - Fog - Fogga - Curse II - Heavy Cursega - Pain II - Heavy Painga - Fog II - Heavy Fogga - Endless Nightmare|
|Vigilance - Vigilaga - Protect - Protectga - Shell - Shellga - Veil - Veilga|
|Bravery - Bravega - Faith - Faithga - Enfire - Enfrost- Enthunder - Enaero - Endless Blessings|
|Cure - Cura - Curasa - Curaja - Esuna - Raise|
|Snipe - Lightning Strike - Ullr's Shield|
|Focused Bolts - Graviton Mines - War's Benediction|
|"Requiem for the Goddess" Scenario|
|Attack - Blitz - Ruin - Ruinga - Launch - Smite|
|Galestrike - Windstorm - Bladestorm|
|Thunder - Thundara - Thundaga|
|Aura - Mighty Guard|
|Ally KO: Bonus - ATB Advantage - ATB Gauge +1 - ATB Rate Reduced - ATB Rate: +X% - Attack: ATB Charge - Augment Maintenance - Auto Enhancement - Bonus CP - Chain Bonus Boost - Chain Bonus Lv. X - Critical: Bonus - Critical: Power Surge - Critical: Shield - Debilitation - Defense Maintenance - Enervation - Enhanced Role - Feral Fatigue - Feral Speed - Feral Surge - Fettered Magic - First Strike - Fragment Energy - Gilfinder - Hindrance - HP: +X% - Immovable - Improved Ability - Ironstrike - Item Collector - Item Scavenger - Jungle Law - Kill: ATB Charge - Kill: Libra - Leadenstrike - Magic: +X - Magic: +X% - Mana Link - Nullify Element - Pack Mentality - Perpetual Poison - Power Link - Pressure - Quick Stagger - Random: Nullify Element - Rapid Recovery - Resilience: +X% - Resist Elements: +X% - Resist: +X% - Role Resonance - Siphon Boost - Stagger Maintenance - Strength: +X - Strength: +X% - Uncapped Damage - Victory: Feral Boost - Weak Spot - Woundward|