Studio BentStuff (スタジオベントスタッフ, Sutajio BentoSutaffu?) is a Japanese book editor that has planned, written, and edited many of the Ultimania series books by Square Enix. Studio BentStuff wrote the first Ultimania book for Final Fantasy VIII in 1999, though the company had been contracted to write Final Fantasy VII Kaitai Shinsho The Complete with Famitsu for the previous game. Since then, Ultimania books have been published for every major Final Fantasy title.
Aside from compiling game data into game books, members of Studio BentStuff have had a bigger impact on Final Fantasy. Within guides titled Ultimania Omega are novellas written by Benny Matsuyama (ベニー 松山, Benī Matsuyama?). Ichiro Tezuka (手塚 一郎, Tezuka Ichirō?) joined the staff for Final Fantasy IV: The After Years as the story writer, and during its initial release also wrote the two-part novelization of Final Fantasy IV, followed by the novelization of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. He was the story writer for Final Fantasy Dimensions.
Benny Matsuyama novellasEdit
- Kimi o Yobu Yubibue (キミを呼ぶ指笛?) (Final Fantasy X Ultimania Omega, January 23, 2002)
- Kimi ga Yobu Yubibue (キミが呼ぶ指笛?) (Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Omega, February 13, 2004)
- Hoshi o Meguru Otome (星を巡る乙女?) (Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega, September 9, 2005)
- Mari Harenu Haito, Tōboe wa Mi Mazu (霧晴れぬ廃都、遠吠えは巳まず?) (Final Fantasy XII Ultimania Omega, November 24, 2006)
- Yumemiru Mayu, Akatsuki ni Otsu (夢見る繭、暁に墜つ?) (Final Fantasy XIII Ultimania Omega, September 30, 2010)
- [Unknown title] (Final Fantasy XIII-2 Ultimania Omega, June 21, 2012)
Ichiro Tezuka creditsEdit
There are Tezuka's credits outside of involvement in game companion books.
|Final Fantasy IV: The After Years||February 18, 2008 (first chapter)||Story writer|
|Final Fantasy IV (novelization, first book (上巻, jōkan?))||December 25, 2008||Author|
|Final Fantasy IV (novelization, last book (下巻, gekan?))||December 25, 2008||Author|
|Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (novelization)||March 26, 2009||Author|
|Final Fantasy Dimensions||September 6, 2010 (first chapter)||Story writer|