Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Stat-enhancing ability page!||Please expand this article into a full one. This can be done by converting paragraphs to tables and determining whether stuff like Brace is really stat-enhancing on the Talk Page.. This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page.|
Stat-Enhancing abilities are a recurring set of abilities in the series. They are often the side effects of accessories or equipment, or part of a job class, and offer some sort of bonus to stats, such as increased HP and MP.
In the the 3D version, stat-increasing abilities were introduced as Augments.
|Bluff||Palom's Skill, Augment||Increases Intelligence by 16, stacks up to 99 and wears off after spellcasting; 3D version: doubles current Intelligence, stacks up to 99 and wears off after spellcasting.|
|Brace||Yang's Skill, Augment||Casts Protect; 3D version: reduces all damage taken by 75%.|
|Fast Talker||Augment||Halves time used to cast spells.|
|MP +50%||Augment||Increases max MP.|
|HP +50%||Augment||Increases max HP.|
Various stat-enhancing abilities appear in the game as job abilities.
|HP +10%||Monk L5||Increases max HP.|
|HP +20%||Monk L6||Increases max HP.|
|HP +30%||Monk L7||Increases max HP.|
|MP +10%||White Mage L7||Increases max MP.|
|MP +30%||Black Mage L7||Increases max MP.|
|Green Beret||Headgear||Max HP +12.5%|
|Red Cap||Headgear||Max HP +25%|
|Muscle Belt||Relic||Max HP +50%|
|Priest's Miter||Headgear||Max MP +12.5%|
|Minerva Bustier||Female-only armor||Max MP +25%|
|Crystal Orb||Relic||Max MP +50%|
|Hyper Wrist||Relic||Strength +50%|
|Bone Wrist||Relic||Max MP +50% and Strength +50%|
|Siren||Magicite||HP gained at level up +10%|
|Catoblepas||Magicite||HP gained at level up +10%|
|Midgardsormr||Magicite||HP gained at level up +30%|
|Bahamut||Magicite||HP gained at level up +50%|
|Diabolos||Magicite||HP gained at level up +100%|
|Phantom||Magicite||MP gained at level up +10%|
|Fenrir||Magicite||MP gained at level up +30%|
The majority of Independent Materia give stat-enhancements, and include the HP Plus, MP Plus, Speed Plus, Magic Plus, Luck Plus, and HP<->MP Materia. With the exception of HP<->MP, they increase stats by , max out when they are mastered (increase by 50%) and stack.
|HP Plus||Max HP increased.|
|MP Plus||Max MP increased.|
|Speed Plus||Dexterity increased.|
|Magic Plus||Magic increased.|
|Luck Plus||Luck increased.|
|HP<->MP||Switches Max HP and Max MP.|
SP Turbo Magic, SP Turbo Attack, SP Turbo, SP Barrier, and SP Master all provide various stat-enhancement abilities. Stat enhancements can also be traits found innate in Materia, which can also be boosted via Materia Fusion.
A wide array of stat enhancement abilities exist in the game due to the Junction system. They include the following:
|HP-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to HP.|
|Str-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to Strength.|
|Vit-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to Vitality.|
|Mag-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to Magic.|
|Spr-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to Spirit.|
|Spd-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to Speed.|
|Luck-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to Luck.|
|Hit-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to Hit.|
|Eva-J||Junction||Allows magic to be junctioned to Evasion.|
|HP +20%/40%/80%||Junction||Increases character's max HP. Different levels stack with each other (e.g. +20% and +40% combined would give +60% total).|
|GFHP +10%/20%/30%/40%||Junction||Increases equipped Guardian Force's max HP. Different levels stack with each other (e.g. +10% and +20% combined would give +30% total).|
|Str +20%/40%/60%||Junction||Increases character's Strength. Different levels stack with each other (e.g. +20% and +40% combined would give +60% total).|
|Vit +20%/40%/60%||Junction||Increases character's Vitality. Different levels stack with each other (e.g. +20% and +40% combined would give +60% total).|
|Mag +20%/40%/60%||Junction||Increases character's Magic. Different levels stack with each other (e.g. +20% and +40% combined would give +60% total).|
|SumMag +10%/20%/30%/40%||Junction||Increases equipped Guardian Force's Damage. Different levels stack with each other (e.g. +10% and +20% combined would give +30% total).|
|Spr +20%/40%/60%||Junction||Increases character's Spirit. Different levels stack with each other (e.g. +20% and +40% combined would give +60% total).|
|Spd +20%/40%||Junction||Increases character's Speed. Different levels stack with each other (e.g. +20% and +40% combined would give +60% total).|
|Luck +50%||Junction||Increases character's Luck.|
|Eva +30%||Junction||Increases character's Evasion.|
|HP Bonus||Junction||Increases max HP gained at level up.|
|Str Bonus||Junction||Increases Strength gained at level up.|
|Vit Bonus||Junction||Increases Vitality gained at level up.|
|Mag Bonus||Junction||Increases Magic gained at level up.|
|Spd Bonus||Junction||Increases Speed gained at level up.|
Some support abilities in Final Fantasy IX raise stats.
|Accuracy+||Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Amarant||Boosts character's accuracy when attacking.|
|Concentrate||Dagger, Eiko||Boosts spell's effectiveness.|
|Gamble Defense||Zidane, Freya, Amarant, Quina||Randomly boosts defense in battle.|
|HP+10%||Steiner, Freya, Amarant||Increases max HP.|
|HP+20%||Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Amarant||Increases max HP.|
|MP+10%||Freya, Eiko, Quina||Increases max MP.|
|MP+20%||Dagger, Vivi, Eiko||Increases max MP.|
|HP +5%||Armor||Increases maximum HP.||X-Potion|
|HP +10%||Armor||Soul Spring x3|
|HP +20%||Armor||Elixir x5|
|HP +30%||Armor||Stamina Tonic|
|MP +5%||Armor||Increases maximum MP.||Ether|
|MP +10%||Armor||Soul Spring x3|
|MP +20%||Armor||Elixir x5|
|MP +30%||Armor||Mana Tonic|
|Strength +3%||Weapon||Increases Strength stat.||Power Sphere x3|
|Strength +5%||Weapon||Stamina Spring x2|
|Strength +10%||Weapon||Skill Sphere|
|Strength +20%||Weapon||Supreme Gem x4|
|Defense +3%||Armor||Increases Defense stat.||Power Sphere x3|
|Defense +5%||Armor||Stamina Spring x2|
|Defense +10%||Armor||Special Sphere|
|Defense +20%||Armor||Blessed Gem x4|
|Magic +3%||Weapon||Increases Magic stat.||Mana Sphere x3|
|Magic +5%||Weapon||Mana Spring x2|
|Magic +10%||Weapon||Blk Magic Sphere|
|Magic +20%||Weapon||Supreme Gem x4|
|Magic Def +3%||Armor||Increases Mag Def stat.||Mana Sphere x3|
|Magic Def +5%||Armor||Mana Spring x2|
|Magic Def +10%||Armor||Wht Magic Sphere|
|Magic Def +20%||Armor||Blessed Gem x4|
In addition to these auto-abilities, several commands, such as Cheer, Focus, and Reflex, and many of Rikku's mixes also provide stat-enhances, and can be used freely throughout a battle once a character has learned the ability.
The majority of stat-enhancing abilities appear only on accessories or a specific dressphere or Garment Grid. Several, including HP+%, MP+%, Double HP and Double MP will provide a constant effect even after battle, while others, like Critical, must be applied directly during battles. This also marks the first appearance of Turbo abilities, such as Turbo Bushido and Turbo Black Magic, making it easier to use specific abilities much faster.
HP +10%, +15%, +20%, +40%, +60%, and +100% are all abilities found on accessories. HP +10% can be found on Black Ring, Sword Tome, Nature's Tome, and Bushido Tome, HP +15% on Cat's Bell, HP +20% on Iron Bangle, HP+ 40% on Titanium Bangle, HP +60% on Mythril Bangle, and HP +100% can be found on Crystal Bangle, Iron Duke, Key to Success, and Adamantite.
MP +10%, 20%, +40%, +60%, and +100% are all MP Plus abilities that can only be accessed by equipping various accessories. MP +10% can be accessed via equipping Black Ring, Arcane Tome, Black Tome, and White Tome, MP +20% by equipping Heady Perfume and Wizard Bracelet, MP +40% by equipping Silver Bracer, MP +60% by equipping Gold Bracer, and MP +100% by equipping Rune Bracer, Iron Duke, Minerva's Plate, and Key to Success.
Unlike most games in the series, most support abilities are implemented as stats with a full numerical range, rather than being binary "either this ability is set, or it isn't" conditions. This makes the list of "stats" in this game very long. Most job traits simply give a bonus to one of these many stats. Double Attack, for example, rather than being "the ability to attack twice" is instead "a trait that boosts the Double Attack% stat" and is merely one of many ways to raise this stat, and all of them stack with each other.
Neither equipment nor job traits can bestow status effects in this game, and therefore abilities like Auto Regen simply increase the Regen stat instead of bestowing a permanent Regen status like normally one would expect—and the effect stacks with equipment with +Regen stats as well as with status effects like Regen.
|Accuracy Bonus||Blue Mage, Dancer, Dragoon, Ranger||Increases Accuracy.|
|Attack Bonus||Blue Mage, Dark Knight, Dragoon, Warrior||Increases Attack.|
|Auto Refresh||Blue Mage, Paladin, Summoner||Increases Refresh.|
|Auto Regen||Blue Mage, Rune Fencer, White Mage||Increases Regen.|
|Clear Mind||Black Mage, Blue Mage, Red Mage, Scholar, Summoner, White Mage||Increases MP recovered while healing.|
|Defense Bonus||Blue Mage, Paladin, Warrior||Increases Defense.|
|Evasion Bonus||Blue Mage, Dancer, Puppetmaster, Thief||Increases Evasion.|
|Max HP Boost||Blue Mage, Monk||Increases HP.|
|Max MP Boost||Blue Mage, Scholar, Summoner||Increases MP.|
Augments on the License Board provide stat enhancements. Swiftness cuts down action time, Shield Block increases the chances of blocking with a shield, Spellbound allows for buffs to last longer and Channeling reduces cost of magick by 10%. Focus and Serenity both increase stats as long as the user is at full HP.
Battle Lores, Magick Lores and HP Lores add to the character's base stats. Some armor and accessories also provide enhancements, such as the Genji Armor boosts the user's Counterattack rate, and Cameo Belt lets the user ignore enemy's evasion.
Each character has access to at least one ability that provides a stat-enhancement to the entire team, and are unique to each character. Various other stat enhancement abilities are available only for specific character which raises their specific stats, such as Strength and Magick Power.
Characters receive stat enhancement by simply being in a paradigm role; the higher the role's level, the better the enhancements. For example, the higher level the Synergist, the longer the bestowed buffs last. Weapons and accessories can have passive abilities which give additional enhancements, such as increased ability to fill an opponent's stagger gauge, or better chance to counterattack.
Different roles also learn enhancing abilities, such as the Commando ability Adrenaline, which boosts the Commando's attack power when they are of high HP, or the Ravager's Vigor ability which boosts their ability to amass chain bonuses.
HP, Strength and Magic boosts from accessories return for Serah and Noel while some of the new monster allies in the Commando Role have "___ Feeder" and "___ Chaser" abilities which boost attack power when the enemy has a specific buff or debuff respectively
|Move +1||Increase movement range by 1.||200||Squire|
|Move +2||Increase movement range by 2.||520||Thief|
|Move+3||Increase movement range by 3.||1000||Bard|
|Dark Knight (Female)|
|Jump +1||Increase jump elevation by 1.||200||Archer|
|Jump +2||Increase jump elevation by 2.||480||Thief|
|Jump +3||Increase jump elevation by 3.||1000||Dancer|
|Dark Knight (Male)|
|Attack Boost||Increases physical attack power.||400||Geomancer|
|Defense Boost||Decreases physical damage taken.||400||Mystic|
|Arcane Strength||Increases magickal attack power.||400||Black Mage|
|Arcane Defense||Decreases magickal damage taken.||400||White Mage|
|Magick Boost||Increase Magickal Attack by 1 after taking damage.||450||Bard|
|Speed Boost||Increase Speed by 1 after taking damage.||800||Archer|
|Faith Boost||Increase Faith by 3 after taking damage from an attack that consumes MP.||500||Bard|
|Bravery Boost||Increase Bravery by 3 after taking damage.||500||Dancer|
|Fury||Increase Physical Attack by 1 after taking damage from a weapon.||500||Dancer|
Four stat-enhancing abilities appear in the game as MAGI.
|Power||Add 5 Str +1 per MAGI to Str damage.||Relics of the Ancient Gods, Ashura's Tower, Abandoned Giant's Town, Cave of Mountain, Guardian's Base, Venus' City (x2), Sewer, Valhalla Palace|
|Defense||Add 5 Def +1 per MAGI.||Ashura's Base, Shrine of Isis, Ki's Body, Apollo's Shrine, Guardian's Base, Sewer, Race Course (x2), Central Shrine|
|Mana||Add 5 Mana +1 per MAGI to Mana damage and to Cure's potency in battle.||Relics of the Ancient Gods, Ashura's Tower, Ki's Body, Cave of Mountain, Cave of Light, Venus' City, Sewer, Race Course, Valhalla Palace|
|Speed||Add 10 Agl +2 per MAGI to Agl damage and to Hit chance.||Relics of the Ancient Gods, Ashura's Tower, Ki's Body, Cave of Mountain, Guardian's Base, Venus' City, Sewer, Race Course, Valhalla Palace|
Several pieces of equipment offer Magic Defense +% abilities. The Accessory White Cape offers Magic Defense +5%, while the Black Cape offers Magic Defense +10%. The weapons Chain Flail, Morning Star, and Maduin's Horn, all exclusive weapons for Terra, all offer Magic Defense +30%, +40%, and +50% respectively.
Stat-enhancing abilities in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius appear as passive special abilities that come as Traits (abilities that are learned by certain units), as Materias (equippable abilities that can be crafted, purchased, or obtained as Trust Master rewards) or as Effects (given by certain pieces of equipment). In addition to these, there are abilities that boost stats depending on the weapon equipped or Killer abilities, depending on the monster's family.
|HP +10%||Trait, Materia||Increases Max HP.|
|HP +15%||Materia, Effect (Bracer; Mighty Hammer)||Increases Max HP.|
|HP +20%||Trait||Increases Max HP.|
|HP +30%||Trait, Materia||Increases Max HP.|
|MP +10%||Trait, Materia||Increases Max MP.|
|MP +20%||Trait, Materia, Effect (Angel Earrings)||Increases Max MP.|
|MP +30%||Materia||Increases Max MP.|
|ATK +10%||Trait, Materia, Effect (Genji Glove, Hero's Ring)||Increases ATK.|
|ATK +10%, HP +20%||Trait||Increases ATK and Max HP.|
|ATK +15%||Effect (Brave Suit)|
|ATK +20%||Trait, Effect (Infernal Armlet)|
|MAG +10%||Trait, Materia, Effect (Genji Glove, Hero's Ring)|
|MAG +15%||Materia, Effect (Brave Suit, Candy Basket)|
|MAG +20%||Trait, Effect (Earrings)|
|MAG +30%||Trait, Materia|
|DEF +10%||Trait, Materia, Effect (Defender's Bracer)|
|DEF +20%||Trait, Effect (Infernal Armlet)|
|SPR +10%||Trait, Materia, Effect (Defender's Bracer)|
|SPR +15%||Effect (Candy Basket)|
|SPR +20%, MP +10%||Trait|
|EVO MAG +10%||Trait, Materia||Increase Esper summon damage.|
|EVO MAG +20%||Trait||Increase Esper summon damage.|
|EVO MAG +30%||Trait||Increase Esper summon damage.|
|Sticky Fingers||Materia||MAG+20%, SPR+20%, MP+10%|
|Lunge Combo||Materia||ATK+20%, DEF+20%, HP+10%|
|Chilling Aura||Materia||HP+13%, MP+13%|
|Spooky Aura||Materia||ATK +13%, MAG +13%|
|Destroyer's Authority||Materia||HP+10%, ATK+5%, MAG+5%|
|Guardian's Authority||Materia||HP+10%, DEF+5%, SPR+5%|
|Seal of Destruction||Materia||ATK +20%, MAG +20%, HP +10%|
|Seal of Protection||Materia||DEF +20%, SPR +20%, HP +10%|
|Tablet of Ruin||Materia||ATK +20% and increase LB gauge fill rate (100%). Elza only.|
|Power of Creation||Materia||ATK +30%, MAG +30%|
|Boco Pendant||Trait||HP +10%, MP +10%, ATK +10%, DEF +10%, MAG +10%, SPR +10%|