Spirit Surge, known as Lancet in the Japanese version, is the special job ability for Dragoons in Final Fantasy XI. Keeping with the absorption tradition of Lancet, the Dragoon absorbs all of his/her wyvern's HP and TP, and experiences other substantial enhancements.
The effects of Spirit Surge status are as follows;
- Increases maximum HP
- Increases maximum MP
- Increases attack speed (25% Haste effect)
- Absorbs all of wyvern's current HP, defeating the wyvern and healing the user
- Absorbs all of wyvern's current TP
- Increases STR dependent on level
When Spirit Surge is activated, the Dragoon's Jump Abilities gain extra Effects (Spirit Surge Effect in Brackets)
- Jump: Normal Damage (+ Lowers target's Defence temporarily)
- High Jump: Half Damage + Current enmity reduced by 50% (+ Reduction of target's TP)
- Super Jump: No Damage + Near complete enmity reduction (+ Enmity reduced by 50% for party member behind the Dragoon)
- When the Dragoon job was first released, its Two-hour ability was Call Wyvern. That ability has since been reduced to a 20-minute recast and Spirit Surge has become the Dragoon's new two-hour ability. Nearly all enemy Dragoons use Call Wyvern as their two-hour ability, however, rather than Spirit Surge.