These elite hunters stalk their prey with immense greatbows.
Snipers can turn invisible and attack opposing units (or their gear) from afar. To become a Sniper, mastery of two Archer A-abilities is required. One technique is pairing the Doubleshot ability with the Archer's Focus ability. The Sniper takes a page from the Thief with Wallet Shot, which steals gil from distant enemies.
Snipers have the highest Attack stat among viera classes, and they can equip Greatbows, which means they are deadly at far range. They can utilize Vanish to pass foes unnoticed, then striking twice in the next turn with Doubleshot at their backs or inflict status effects with abilities like Death Sickle. Their Speed is slightly above average, they have average HP growth, but are poor in other areas.
A suitable secondary A-Ability would have to be Blade Arts; despite costing MP, its effectiveness is based upon the Weapon Attack stat, the Sniper's area of expertise. Using Turbo MP as a passive benefits this setup—on turns when the sniper can't use a blade art, she can use Doubleshot. Since Turbo MP multiplies both weapon attack and the attack stat the damage is higher even than Doubleshot, and may come with a status to boot, as well as the extra 15% accuracy boost. Another option is Assassination, which allows a possible 1-hit kill Ultima Masher at a range.
- To Use: Master two Archer A-Abilities
SNIPERS end the lives of their victims with shots of uncanny accuracy.
|Skill||Source Equipment||Effect||Range||AP To Master|
|Doubleshot||Twin Bow||Attack twice in quick succession.||Weapon range||300|
|Beso Toxico||Cranequin||Damage and inflicts Poison.||Weapon range||250|
|Death Sickle||Hades Bow||Inflict Doom.||Weapon range||200|
|Vanish||Windslash Bow||Bestows Invisible.||Self||300|
|Marksman's Spite||Max's Oathbow||Deals HP and MP damage equal to total HP lost. The damage dealt to each is randomly split. Requires a bow or greatbow.||Weapon range||300|
|Armor Shot||Elfin Bow||Destroy any armor the target is wearing.||Weapon range||300|
|Weapon Shot||Master Bow||Destroy the target's weapon.||Weapon range||300|
|Wallet Shot||Hunting Bow||Steal gil equal to unit's max HP.||Weapon range||350|
|Skill||Source Equipment||Effect||AP To Master|
|Regenerate||Gaia Gear||Bestows Regen when attacked.||200|
- Snipers have excellent Attack growth, although they have slower Speed growth than Archers. Their Sharpshooting ability is excellent to combine with either Fencing (Fencer), Blade Arts (Spellblade), or, most typically, Precision (Archer).
- Snipers' highly useful abilities such as Armor Shot and Weapon Shot are highly reliable when accuracy has been boosted with either the Concentration passive ability or bestowed by the spell Tranq. The Marksman's Spite ability is reliable to fight against enemies with the MP Shield reaction ability (it depletes both HP and MP). Snipers may not want to use the Regenerate support ability when they plan to use this attack (as its power depends upon damage incurred by the user).
- An easy way to fight against Snipers is to blind them, since their abilities mostly have low Accuracy. One may want to have high Resilience units to battle them. Having Rangers use Awareness can detect Snipers (making them able to be targeted), counteracting the Vanish ability.
- To easily defeat Snipers, one may want to equip Archer's Bane to avoid their Greatbow attacks. Surprise attacking with gria units on the field is also effective. They are prone to back attacks for their bad Defense growth. Sneak Attack combined with Critical↑ status from Advice by Hunters easily foul plays them.
sniper is a highly trained marksman who operates alone, in a pair, or with a sniper team to maintain close visual contact with the enemy and engage targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the detection capabilities of enemy personnel.A