Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 44: God Or Devil? Edit
- Petitioner: Montblanc
- Petitioner's Location: Rabanastre/The Clan Hall
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of the Seer (Rank VI). The petitioner is Montblanc in the clan hall in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. A being claiming to be a god, the Seer, has been creating trouble. This "god" is to be found in the Pharos at Ridorana.
- Shadowseer defeated! Report to Montblanc in the clan hall.
- Hunt reported. Montblanc was happy to see another megalomaniacal entity brought to its knees.
Bestiary entry Edit
Being a great Sandfish, protector of the lands stretching from the Continent to the East to the very Edge of the World. Its Scales create a curious Pattern of Hues, containing all the blues of the Sea. The People of the East liken its appearance to a Wyrm that dances in the night Sky, and so do they call it the Blue Wyrm, and revere it as an Anima of Shadow.
Slyt's abilities vary depending on whether it is in the water or not. It can be kept busy by dispelling its buffs. When afflicted by both Oil and Disease, any maximum Fire-elemental damage dealt to it will show 6,999 damage until its HP is under 50%.
Slyt is Immune to Sleep in the Zodiac Job System version.
Slyt is not immune to Sleep (original version only), Slow, Disease, and Confuse statuses, so the Nihopalaoa trick can be used to incapacitate it, and blast it with Fire attacks. Using Firaga or Ardor will defeat it quickly.
At Hell's Challenge, the Slyt can be easily dealt by casting Reverse on it and blasting it with Renew to bring it down to 1 HP, then finish it with a curative spell. For the Zodiac Job System version, a Reverse Mote can be used as an alternative in its spell counterpart and bring on the White Mages. The following gambits will help defeat the Slyt at an instant:
|1||Foe: Lowest max HP||Reverse|
|2||Foe: Status = Reverse||Renew|
|3||Foe: HP < 10%||Potion|
- Slyt, along with the other three bosses that Shadowseer summons, refers to the Sì Xiàng, four mythical Chinese beasts that correspond to the four directions of the compass. Slyt refers to the Azure Dragon of the East (Qing Long).
- Though Slyt is a fish, its bestiary entry mentions that the people of the east call it the Blue Wyrm. This refers to a Chinese legend that carp capable of leaping over a great waterfall known as the Dragon's Gate will be granted the right to become dragons.
- The area where Slyt is fought seems to be the rock circle in the pond situated in the middle of Cerobi Steppe. This landmark can be viewed from the Crossfield, Feddik River, North Liavell Hills, Terraced Bank, and Journey's Rest zones, but cannot be revisited once Slyt is defeated.