|Final Fantasy XII Elite Mark|
|闇神 (Yamigami (lit. Dark God))|
|Bestiary Location||Elite Marks|
|Location||Subterra (Hell's Challenge)|
|Common Steal||Foul Flesh|
|Uncommon Steal||Maggoty Flesh|
|Rare Steal||Forbidden Flesh|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||Attack (11 hit-max, may Immobilize)|
|Abilities||Dispelga, Holy, Shock, Scourge, Flare, Scathe, Slowga, Immobilizega, Darkga, ga, Invert, Curse, Breakart Pentagram, Shining Ray, Darkness, Meditate|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Null Knockback, Null VIT, Piercing Magic, Null Evade, Adrenaline, Spellbreaker, Last Stand, Return Damage|
With other enemies - Paling, Magick Shield, White Wind
If HP <50% - Damage Resist
If HP <20% - Attack CT 0, Magic CT 0
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Confuse, Sleep, Disease, Reverse, Slow, Disable, Immobilize, Silence, Blind, Poison, Sap, Lure, Berserk, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Shell, Haste, and Faith.|
Has 50% Reflect.
The Shadowseer is an Elite Mark from Final Fantasy XII. It can be found in the Unknown area of Subterra in the Pharos at Ridorana after placing all the black orbs in the Penumbra, Umbra and Abyssal areas. The hunt becomes available after the storyline events in Pharos at Ridorana.
Hunt 44: God Or Devil?Edit
- Petitioner: Montblanc
- Petitioner's Location: Rabanastre/The Clan Hall
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of the Seer (Rank VI). The petitioner is Montblanc in the clan hall in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. A being claiming to be a god, the Seer, has been creating trouble. This "god" is to be found in the Pharos at Ridorana.
- Shadowseer defeated! Report to Montblanc in the clan hall.
- Hunt reported. Montblanc was happy to see another megalomaniacal entity brought to its knees.
- Genus: Rank VI Mark
- Classification: ???
- “Being a Seer with the eldritch Power to read the Fate of Men and Kingdoms by the Movements of the celestial Bodies and the Flow of Mist, twisted to a Thing of Evil by a great Flux of umbral Energy. The Shadowseer may draw on both the Power of Darkness and that of Light, being able to summon both Anima of Shadow and Anima of the Sun at once. Fearing its evil Will, Montblanc wisely recognized this Mark.”
Make sure to use Esuna whenever a party member is afflicted with a negative status ailment. Have the character, or characters, most geared toward magic cast Holy, since the Shadowseer is weak to Holy-elemental damage. Do not use any Dark-elemental weapons, such as Ninja Swords on the Shadowseer, since it will absorb the damage. Equipping Holy element weapons, such as the Excalibur, is a good idea. After losing a certain amount of HP, Shadowseer will summon Pandaemonium.
During this time, Shadowseer will put up two palings, which essentially makes it invincible. Killing Pandaemonium will cause the palings to drop, allowing the party to injure it until it summons the Slyt. The Shadowseer will repeat this with the other Pharos bosses (Fenrir and Phoenix), at which point it will lament that it is out of creatures to summon.
If the player is looking to deal a massive amount of damage, and willing to rob one character the use of magick, they could give a character (Basch is recommended) the Excalibur and Genji Glove, then cast Haste, Bravery, and Berserk, along with any other wanted buffs.
- Shadowseer does, in a way, resemble a Zombie Mage as well as all the similar enemies of the Undead genus. However, despite being vulnerable to Holy, Shadowseer himself is not an Undead and is not recognized as one.
- The four bosses that Shadowseer summons are references to the Sì Xiàng, four mythical Chinese beasts that correspond to the four directions of the compass. Pandaemonium refers to the Black Tortoise of the North, Slyt refers to the Azure Dragon of the East, Fenrir refers to the White Tiger of the West, and Phoenix refers to the Vermilion Bird of the South. In Chinese mythology there is a fifth beast in the center of the four, Huang-Long, the Yellow Dragon, but in Japanese mythology there is no beast in the center as between the four beasts is the Void, thus providing a possible reason for Shadowseer's appearance as little more than a dark shadow.
- Since the Shadowseer's companions are references to the Si Xiang, it is possible that the Shadowseer himself is a reference to Heaven and Earth, which unite the four beings; the bestiary describe Shadowseer as determining the fates of those on earth, by the movements of celestial bodies, or the heavens.
- Shadowseer, the Hell Wyrm boss, Diabolos, and the Piscodaemon Mark all use the Breakart Pentagram ability exclusively to do unusually high damage on summoned Espers. The name is a reference to Break Arts from Vagrant Story.
- The Shadowseer is the only mark which is not a prerequisite to accept the Yiazmat hunt from Montblanc.
The Shadowseer is related to these enemies:
- Zombie Mage
- Zombie Warrior
- Zombie Knight
- Shambling Corpse
- Zombie Warlock
- Zombie Lord (Rare)
- Drowned (Rare)
- Velelu (Rare)
- Disma (Rare)
The battle also requires the party to fight: