|Final Fantasy X Boss|
|シーモア:最終異体 (Shīmoa: Saishū Itai)|
|Sensor||Energized by the Mortiphasms.|
|Location||Inside Sin - Garden of Pain|
|Common Steal||Shining Gem|
|Rare Steal||Supreme Gem|
|Common Drop||Lv. 3 Key Sphere|
|Rare Drop||Lv. 3 Key Sphere|
|Weapon Drop||Piercing, Magic +20%|
|Armor Drop||SOS Shell, SOS Protect, SOS Haste|
|Abilities||Fire, Thunder, Blizzard, Water, Fira, Thundara, Blizzara, Watera, Firaga, Thundaga, Blizzaga, Waterga, Dispel, Ultima, Banish|
|Resistant to||Zanmato (Lv. 4)|
|Immune to||Silence, Sleep, Darkness, Poison, Petrification, Slow, Zombie, Power Break, Magic Break, Threaten, Death, Provoke, Doom, Distil, Gravity, Delay, Eject|
|Other Information||Seymour Omnis's elemental affinities depend on the positioning of the Mortiphasms.|
- “I will learn to control it, from within. I have all the time in the world. Since you were gracious enough to dispose of Yunalesca... the only means of destroying Sin is forever gone. Now nothing can stop us!”
The final battle with Seymour Guado, the battle against Seymour Omnis, is staged Inside Sin. Seymour's plan is to gain control of Sin from the inside to wreak havoc on Spira, but how he got inside it is never addressed in the game.
Seymour Omnis is called "Seymour éthéré" (Ethereal Seymour) in the French version of the game.
Seymour Omnis hovers in the air in front of four discs called Mortiphasms. On Seymour's turn, he will cast four spells in a row on the player party. What spells he casts are determined by the color of the discs closest to Seymour; orange for fire-elemental, purple for ice-elemental, yellow for lightning-elemental and blue for water-elemental.
The strength of the spells are also determined by how many discs of the same color are closest to Seymour. For example, if only one orange disc is aligned, Seymour would cast a weak Fira spell, whereas four orange discs would allow Seymour to cast four powerful Firaga spells.
The Mortiphasms also govern Seymour Omnis's elemental attributes:-
- Four matching discs allows Seymour to absorb the corresponding element, but renders him weak to the opposing element.
- Three matching discs allows Seymour to absorb the corresponding element.
- Two matching discs allows Seymour to become immune to the corresponding element.
- One matching disc allows Seymour to halve damage from the corresponding element.
Once Seymour Omnis is attacked six times, he will start to glow red, indicating his change of strategy. He will cast Dispel on the party, then on his next turn he will cast Ultima that can potentially do over 4,000 damage to all characters. After this he will rotate all mortiphasms so that the aligned discs match (but of a different element to before), and continues with his previous strategy.
Seymour will no longer banish aeons like he did in the previous two encounters. In fact he remarks that even his mother opposes him if Yuna summons Anima during battle.
As the discs are facing the same way at the beginning of the battle, one of the first actions should be to forcibly rotate one by attacking it; this will prevent a barrage of powerful spells. Physically attacking a Mortiphasm will rotate it counter clockwise, and using magic will rotate it clockwise. The Mortiphasms, unlike Seymour, are out of range of melee attacks, so only Wakka can attack them physically.
Seymour Omnis has high defense and magic defense, so using Armor Break and Mental Break will make the battle easier. Holy and Doublecasting elemental spells that target Seymour's weakness are also effective, although the latter will only work if the player doesn't attack the Mortiphasms. Casting Hastega is also useful, however Seymour may Dispel this, so the player would need to reapply this several times.
As Seymour primarily uses elemental magic to attack, it is recommended to equip armor that nullify or absorb his spells. The Phantom Bangle for Lulu can be found on the Battle Site, The Phantom Ring for Yuna is found in the Sea of Sorrow, and the Victorious for Rikku is found by inputting the password "VICTORIOUS" on the Airship. Using Nul- spells are a viable alternative, but this leaves the party open to Seymour's fourth spell.
- “By all means, try! You should thank me. Your death means your father's life!”
- —Seymour to Tidus right before the fight begins.
- “You would oppose me as well? So be it.”
- —Seymour to Anima if she is summoned during the fight.
- “But there is no salvation for the damned! Rest in peace, in eternal darkness!”
- —Seymour to the group before casting Dispel the first time.
- “Let darkness take you!”
- —Seymour to the party before casting Ultima.
- “So it is you, after all, who will send me. But even after I am gone, Spira's sorrow will prevail.”
- —Seymour to Yuna after his final defeat.