- “Sector 6 is a little dangerous so you'd better get some rest tonight.”
Sector 6 (六番街, Rokuban-gai?) is one of the eight sectors that make up Midgar in Final Fantasy VII. It is under the Shinra Electric Power Company's control. Like every sector of the metropolis, it is composed of both Slums and Plate sections, although only the Slums section is visited in the games.
The most notable locations of the area are the children's playground and Wall Market.
Zack Fair meets Aerith Gainsborough in Sector 5 Church and later the two spend time in the Sector 6 park where the two discuss SOLDIER and their extraordinary powers. Aerith lets Zack know she is wary of SOLDIER, and gets embarrassed when Zack says he is part of the organization. Aerith reveals she is afraid of the sky, but thinks Zack's eyes have a glow in them that make them resemble it, only it's less frightening to her. Their time is cut short when Zack receives orders to return to the Shinra Headquarters.
Later on Zack builds various flower carts for Aerith to sell flowers in the park, although this does not work out well.
Much of the Sector 6 slums are shown to be in a state of ruin, with monsters running rampant and large chunks of debris littering the ground. Some parts of the Sector 6 slums, however, have survived the destruction of Zirconiade, namely the Wall Market and the Sector 6 park. When Cloud Strife is trying to find his way to Sector 7 Aeris sets to help him. They cross the debris and find themselves in the park, where Aeris wants to take a break.
She reminisces of her time with Zack, and tells Cloud about him. The gate to Sector 7 opens and a chocobo cart emerges with Tifa Lockhart onboard. Recognizing her, Cloud calls out to her but she does not respond. Aeris and Cloud follow her to Wall Market, although Cloud tries to make Aeris return home.
Sector 6 remains relatively undamaged by the fall of Sector 7 plate, although the park is heavily damaged by the explosion. Having barely escaped Sector 7 in a nick of time, Barret, Tifa and Cloud organize themselves at the park. Barret mourns for his friends, Biggs, Wedge and Jessie, and his daughter Marlene. Tifa tells him Aeris has taken Marlene to safety and the trio leaves the park to look for her.
Sector 6, along with the rest of Midgar, is destroyed by Meteor at the end of the game.
Final Fantasy VIIEdit
For the quests in Wall Market in Final Fantasy VII see the Wall Market article.
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-Edit
The final spy in the Wutai Spies mission is the kid in the playground.
Sephiroth Fan ClubEdit
- What's the name of Sephiroth's sword?
- What is the name of Sephiroth's ultimate attack?
- In which hand does Sephiroth hold his sword?
Zack can find various parts during his adventures to make different models of flower carts for Aerith.
There are three different wagons Zack can build for Aerith if he has all the parts. After building the first wagon Zack is told to go back to the Shinra Headquarters where Kunsel gives Zack the opportunity to go back to see Aerith. Upon speaking with her Zack can build a second wagon, and must again go back to the headquarters. If Zack goes back to see Aerith for the third time they can build a third flower wagon.
- First Wagon
- Used Tools: Outside Sector 5 Church there are two glowing objects on the ground. The one on the left is the tools, the other one is a helmet.
- Old Lumber: There is a piece of wood at the slums market, near the entrance. The carpenter will give it if Zack can come up with a name for his tavern. The correct answer is 'Seventh Heaven'.
- Worn Tires: The man standing by a vehicle in LOVELESS Avenue will give them.
- Wagon Instructions: After collecting the three objects Zack can go back the shiny helmet in front of the church to find the instructions.
- Second Wagon
- Craftsman Monthly: Reward for beating Mission 1-2-6.
- Walnut Wood: Zack must catch all six Wutai spies.
- Premium Tires: After beating all the Recall Missions, Zack can talk to SOLDIER 3rd Class in Briefing Room in Shinra Building to get the Premium Tires.
- Mythril Tool: After beating all the Monsters in Midgar missions, Zack can talk to the researcher in the Vehicle Room at the Shinra Headquarters to get the tools.
- Third Wagon
All the items are rewards for playing the squats minigame in the training room of Shinra Headquarters. The items are: Shinra lunch cart specs, Shinra ceramic, Shinra treads 8, and Shinra solder.
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-Edit
|Bronze Bangle||500 gil|
|Bronze Armlet||500 gil|
|Chocobo Armlet||500 gil|
|Wrist Band||1,000 gil|
|Bulletproof Vest||1,000 gil|
Final Fantasy VIIEdit
- According to the Japanese text on the signs at the entrance to the Sector 6 park, the park's name is "Green Park".
- The gate where the chocobo cart comes through in Final Fantasy VII actually leads to the area in Sector 7 that is always blocked off by two Shinra officers. The player can never take this route in-game.
- To get to the Sector 6 park from the main area of Sector 6 the player must run through an area with random encounters. This area contains lots of scrap. There is a girder in this area that allows the player to move from the ground to a higher level to proceed, however the game does not make this clear.
What is more is that this girder is actually a field model and not part of the 2D background. Another hidden model in the data is a model known as "wire". If this model is turned on it can be seen to be attached to the crane and the grip is around the girder. Additionally, one of the field background states lights up the inside of the crane.
Since the crane does not serve a purpose and has the wire model related to it, as well as the girder model having no reason to be a model, it is likely the player would have had to have moved, lowered, or rotated the girder with the crane as an earlier idea for the game. Pre-release shots of the game show the area without the girder in its usual position.
- Pre-release shots of the game show an area that is darkened in the final game.