Yes, the twelve legendary weapons. They are weapons. They are legendary. There are even twelve of them.
A thousand years ago, the people of the world used the weapons to defeat the necromancer Enuo.
After Enuo's defeat the weapons were placed in the Sealed Castle, sealed away until the day the Void Enuo had unleashed would become a threat again. When Exdeath merges the two worlds by shattering the Crystals, the Void begins to consume the newly reunified world. With the joining of the worlds the two halves of the Sealed Tome also reunite, giving Bartz and the other Light Warriors information on where to find the four Tablets that can unseal the weapons.
The Sealed Weapons are some of the best in the game, and all are powerful for the point they can be acquired but there are a handful of weapons stronger, especially in the Advance and iOS releases, where the Sealed Temple contains many new weapons.
For each Tablet the player acquires they may choose to unseal three of the twelve weapons. The player can unseal the weapons in any order they wish, but all twelve must be acquired. Despite the importance they hold in the story, the weapons are not required to defeat Exdeath, and though for purposes of plot the player must still acquire them, the player never has to use them in battle.
Acquiring all the weapons in the iOS version earns the player the "Legendary Weapons" achievement.
List of Sealed WeaponsEdit
- Assassin's Dagger (Assassin Dagger in the Anthology translation): The Legendary Dagger, it has an Attack Power of 81. It increases Speed by 1 and has a 25% chance of inflicting Instant Death on the target.
- Apollo's Harp (Apollon Harp in the Anthology translation): The Legendary Harp, it has an Attack Power of 45, but for ordinary attacking purposes executes a spell with 75 base power. It does eight times the normal damage to undead and dragon targets.
- Excalibur: The Legendary Knight Sword, it has an Attack Power of 110. It is Holy-elemental and increases Strength by 5.
- Fire Lash (Fire Bute in the Anthology translation): The Legendary Whip, it has an Attack Power of 82 and a Hit Rate of 90. It increases Strength and Speed by 2 and has a 33% chance of casting Firaga when attacking.
- Gaia's Bell (Earth Bell in the Anthology translation): The Legendary Bell, it has an Attack Power of 35, Hit Rate of 99, increases the power of Earth-elemental attacks, and has a 25% chance of casting Quake when attacking.
- Holy Lance: The Legendary Spear, it has an Attack Power of 109. It is Holy-elemental and increases Strength by 3.
- Magus Rod: The Legendary Rod, it has an Attack Power of 40. It is fire, ice and lightning-elemental increases the damage done by all forms of elemental damage, except for Water and Holy-elemental attacks.
- Masamune: The Legendary Katana, it has an Attack Power of 107. It casts Haste when used as an item, the user always gets the first turn in battle, and it has an increased chance to score a critical hit.
- Rune Axe: The Legendary Axe, it has an Attack Power of 71, a Hit Rate of 90, raises Magic Power by 3, and consumes some MP when attacking to deal an automatic critical hit.
- Sage Staff: The Legendary Staff, it has an Attack Power of 45 (53 when used with Goblin Punch). It casts Raise when used as an item, deals additional damage against Undead targets, and increases the power of Holy-elemental attacks.
- Sasuke's Katana (Ninja Blade in the Anthology translation): The Legendary Short Sword, it has an Attack Power of 99. It increases Speed by one and will block physical attacks 25% of the time.
- Yoichi's Bow: The Legendary Bow, it has an Attack Power of 101 and Hit Rate of 90. It raises Strength and Speed by 3 and has an increased chance to score a critical hit.
- Boomerangs, hammers, and swords are the only weapon types that do not have a corresponding Sealed Weapon.