Scrolls (スクロール, Sukurooru?), also known as Skeans or Tomes, are recurring items in the Final Fantasy series. They appear either as Throwing Items for Ninjas or special items used as a recipe for weapons or for learning abilities.
- See also: Magic (Command)#Final Fantasy II.
Scrolls, or Tomes, are bought in Magic Shops, obtained from defeated monsters and found in dungeons, and are used to teach magic to party members. Alternatively, they can be used in combat to use a spread version of the spell contained in the scroll.
Scrolls (also known as Skills - PSOne) can be used by the Ninja class as throwing items. There are three types:
- Flame Scroll/FlameTech: Deals Fire-elemental damage to all opponents.
- Water Scroll/WaterTech: Deals Water-elemental damage to all opponents.
- Lightning Scroll/ThunderTech: Deals Thunder-elemental damage to all opponents.
Shadow can Throw various scrolls. They include:
- Invisibility Scroll/Inviz Edge: Gives one party member the Invisible status.
- Shadow Scroll/Shadow Edge: Gives one party member the Image status.
- Flame Scroll/Fire Skean: Deals Fire-elemental damage to all opponents. Its Spell Power is 100. It is unblockable.
- Water Scroll/Water Edge: Deals Water-elemental damage to all opponents. Its Spell Power is 100. It is unblockable.
- Lightning Scroll/Bolt Edge: Deals Lightning-elemental damage to all opponents. Its Spell Power is 100. It is unblockable.
Scrolls are used to teach Guardian Forces abilities. The scrolls are sold in Timber and Esthar pet stores, but most of them require the Familiar ability. Spd-J Scroll and Luck-J Scroll are the rarest and can't be bought anywhere; Spd-J Scroll can be mugged from Cerberus and found in Lunatic Pandora on disc 3, and Luck-J Scroll can be mugged from Odin and found as part of the Obel Lake sidequest.
- HP-J Scroll: GF learns HP-J ability
- Str-J Scroll: GF learns Str-J ability
- Vit-J Scroll: GF learns Vit-J ability
- Mag-J Scroll: GF learns Mag-J ability
- Spr-J Scroll: GF learns Spr-J ability
- Spd-J Scroll: GF learns Spd-J ability
- Luck-J Scroll: GF learns Luck-J ability
- Magic Scroll: GF learns Magic Command
- GF Scroll: GF learns GF Command
- Draw Scroll: GF learns Draw Command
- Item Scroll: GF learns Item Command
Scrolls are used along with various materials to create new armor, weapons, and accessories. Most material will be obtained from monsters after defeating them. Some scrolls can only be obtained during certain cycles and some can only be obtained from the dungeon boss after defeating them.
Scrolls are used with various materials to create new armor, weapons, and accessories. Scrolls are obtained from monsters in dungeons and defeating dungeon bosses award characters with with scrolls. Some scrolls can also be purchased from the Workshop in Rebena Te Ra. While armor, weapons, and accessories can be purchased from the Armory in Rebena Te Ra, already crafted and ready to go, the ones created from scrolls are usually stronger than the ones purchased at the Armory and contain bonus effects depending on the extra material added. In Multiplayer mode, Adventurers can take Quests assigned by King Kolka and after completing them, obtain scrolls as a possible prize.
Scrolls are used with various materials to create new armor, weapons, and accessories. Scrolls are obtained from monsters and bosses once defeating them. Adventures can be assigned Quests by Stiltzkin where Adventurers can be awarded scrolls when completing them.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light Spells
When a character has a spell's tome in their inventory, they can assign that spell as a command to use during battle.
The word "skean" comes from "sgian", which is a double-edged dagger formerly used in Ireland and Scotland that has nothing to do with ninjas.
|Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series|
|Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates - My Life as a King - Echoes of Time - My Life as a Darklord - The Crystal Bearers|
|Races and creatures|
|Clavat - Lilty - Selkie - Yuke|
|Carbuncle - Chocobo - Lunite - Moogle - Starsinger|
|Artemicion - Carbuncle - Chancellor Chime - Darklord Craydall - Fiona - Giant Crab - Hugh Yurg - King Leo - Lich - Stiltzkin|
|Alfitaria - Kilanda Islands - Rebena Te Ra - River Belle Path|
|Adventurer - Crystal - Crystal Chronicles - Food - Great Crystal - Magicite - Material - Miasma - Moogle Paint - Scroll|