|Final Fantasy XI|
|Notes||Detects by Sound|
|List of Scorpion Enemies|
Scorpions are large, armored vermin in Final Fantasy XI. They inhabit varied environments, ranging from the parched Altepa Desert to the damp corridors of the Crawlers' Nest. Some can even be found in the frigid tunnels of the Ranguemont Pass. They boast a large repertoire of deadly attacks including noxious breath, poison-inducing stings, and most famously, a brutal strike with their scissor-like tails. Though all scorpions in present day Vana'diel are a dark brown color, a subspecies called scolopendrid was seen with a golden, lustrous shell during the Crystal War. Inclined to feed on anything smaller than themselves, scorpions happily indulge their carnivorous nature by preying upon hapless adventurers.
Scorpions are often hunted for their claws, which are used to make arrows or ground into a poisonous powder, and shells, from which armor can be made. Many of the more notorious and vicious scorpions are known to drop claws containing a potent venom. These are highly sought for the creation of a body armor that increases the wearer's evasion and accuracy.
- Canyon Scorpion
- Cave Scorpion
- Crawler Hunter
- Cutlass Scorpion
- Defile Scorpion
- Den Scorpion
- Doom Scorpion
- Giant Scorpion
- Labyrinth Scorpion
- Maze Scorpion
- Mine Scorpion
- Mountain Scolopendrid
- Scimitar Scorpion
- Sulfur Scorpion
- Tulwar Scorpion
- Centipedal Centruroids
- Khadem Quemquoma
- Killing Claw
- King Vinegarroon
- Nightmare Scorpion
- Ochre Scorpion
- Platoon Scorpion
- Siege Scorpion
- Slate Scorpion
- Slaughterous Scorpion
- Tyrannic Tunnok
- Vaa Oozu's Scolopendrid
- Vanguard's Scorpion
- Cold Breath: Breath Attack Ice damage and Bind.
- Critical Bite: More potent form of Mandible Bite. Used by HNMs only.
- Death Scissors: High single target damage.
- Earth Pounder: 15' AoE Dexterity Down, earth damage, wipes Utsusemi.
- Earthbreaker: 40' AoE heavy damage plus Stun. Only used by HNMs.
- Evasion: 50% Evasion Boost. Only used by HNMs.
- Hell Scissors: Extremely high damage, single target attack. Campaign NMs only.
- Mandible Bite: Single target damage and Knockback.
- Numbing Breath: Breath Attack damage and Paralysis.
- Poison Sting: Single target damage and Poison.
- Sharp Strike: 50% Attack Boost. 4 minute 15 second duration.
- Venom Breath: Cone Attack water damage and major poison. Only used by HNMs.
- Venom Sting: Single target damage and a very potent Poison. Only used by HNMs.
- Wild Rage: 15' AoE physical damage, absorbed by 2 Utsusemi shadows.