|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Salikawood (Final Fantasy XII) page!|
Please expand this article into a full one. This can be done by Adding a Locations section, with images and brief descriptions of the areas within the location. This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page.
The Salikawood is located to the north of Mosphoran Highwaste, connecting to the Phon Coast. Travelers have to pass through the wood if they wish to reach Archadia on foot. To the north lies the Nabreus Deadlands, and the former capital of Nabradia, the monster-infested Necrohol of Nabudis.
- “Forested region in central Nabradia. A path strung between the thick-growing trees leads towards Archadia. However, many of the tree-bridges are covered with thick moss, and in advanced stages of decay. As transport by airship gained prominence, the land roads were abandoned. Now more beasts walk the woods than travelers. The forest is the domain of the Kingdom of Nabradia. Abandoned these two years since its fall, the number of fell beasts within its borders swells daily.”
- —Sage Knowledge piece 66
The most common item treasures are Hi-Potions and other common items, sometimes being Motes. When the Diamond Armlet is equipped the common item treasure is Knot of Rust and the rare item treasure is a good healing item, like Hi-Ether or Elixir.
The treasure northeast of the Trunkwall Road can have the Bone Mail. The treasure that spawns in the middle of the Sun-dappled Path can have the Winged Boots. A treasure in Corridor of Ages along a path that leads to the exit to Grand Bower can have the Fuzzy Miter. The treasure that spawns in the northwest of the Diverging Way can have the Bone Helm.
Usually the Salikawood is a quiet place, with only a few monsters. However, recently, Bombs have infested the wood from the Nabreus Deadlands (despite the fact that Bombs cannot be found in the Deadlands). This has made travel rather difficult for people wanting to reach the Deadlands.
A gate is located at one of the exits of the forest, the one entering Archadia. Recently, however, it broke, stopping would-be travelers from entering. A moogle and his nine apprentices are in the middle of fixing the gate. To get to the Phon Coast shore the player needs to locate nine moogle workers who are resting in huts around the Salikawood. The huts are flagged on the map below.
- The Omen-Spur (to the Mosphoran Highwaste)
- Path of Hours
- Trunkwall Road
- Sun-dappled Path
- Garden of Decay
- Quietened Trace
- Diverging Way
- Living Chasm (to the Phon Coast)
- Grand Bower
- Piebald Path (to the Nabreus Deadlands)
- Corridor of Ages (to the Necrohol of Nabudis)
- Wyrdhare (Docile)
- Pumpkin Head
- Sprinter (Docile)
- Malboro King
- Brown Chocobo (Docile)
- Green Chocobo (Docile)
- King Bomb (Optional Boss)
- Bombs (Appear during King Bomb fight)
- Spee (Rare)
- Rageclaw (Rare)
- Wood Toad (Rare)
- Braegh (Mark)
- Carrot (Elite Mark)