|Final Fantasy XI|
|Notes||Detects by Sound|
|List of Sabotender Enemies|
Sabotenders are ambulatory cacti native to the Altepa Desert in Final Fantasy XI. They are well-known among adventurers for their merciless and fierce nature, especially when attacked. Their infamous ability, 1000 Needles, fires one-thousand of the eponymous projectiles at everything nearby. While this assault is survivable when divided across a group, it can easily claim the life of a lonely desert traveler.
Sabotenders are sometimes hunted for valuable Cactus Stems. These can yield lucrative items when properly grown in a mog house's garden.
Enemy names in Final Fantasy XI are the same in every language for which the game is localized. As a result, this family is known as Sabotender, its recurring Japanese name, rather than Cactuar, its typical English translation. Other titles for the creature are referenced in the names of specific enemies, however, with both Cactuar and Cactrot, the nomenclature used in the original English release of Final Fantasy VI, making appearances.
- Sabotender Bailaor
- Sabotender Sediendo
- Spelunking Sabotender
- Cactrot Rapido
- Cactuar Cantautor
- Emperador de Altepa
- Monarca de Altepa
- Nightmare Sabotender
- Sabotender Amante
- Sabotender Bailarin
- Sabotender Bailarina
- Sabotender Campeon
- Sabotender Corrido
- Sabotender Enamorado
- Sabotender Maestro
- Sabotender Mariachi
- 1000 Needles: Deals 1000 damage, divided amongst all applicable targets.
- 2000 Needles: Deals 2000 damage, divided amongst all applicable targets. Only used by Nightmare Sabotender.
- 4000 Needles: Deals 4000 damage, divided amongst all applicable targets. Only used by Nightmare Sabotender.
- 10000 Needles: Deals 10000 damage, divided amongst all applicable targets. Only used by certain notorious monsters.
- ??? Needles: Deals extremely high damage to all players within a small radius. Only used by certain notorious monsters.
- Needleshot: Single-target damage.
- Photosynthesis: Self-Regen effect.