The representative Summoner from Final Fantasy IV, Rydia is one of the most prominent Summoners in the series's history. She has made more than a dozen appearances in anthologies, compilations, crossovers, and non-canon works.
Series appearances Edit
Rydia appears as a non-elemental summon. She is a limited edition cameo summon as part of the "Summoner Rydia" event.
Three versions of Rydia's Phantom Stone are available to players, Rydia, Rydia RE, and Rydia OR. All Rydia Phantom Stones share the special attack, "Mist Dragon", which distributes the user's HP to the entire party. Summoning any of the Rydia summons costs 2 points from the Consumption Gauge.
Each Phantom Stone of Rydia is based of a specific design of Rydia from throughout the Final Fantasy IV series of games. The Rydia Phantom Stone artwork is based on her character design from the 3D remake, the Rydia RE Phantom Stones use her child and adult 3D models from the 3D version of the game, and the Rydia OR stone uses her sprites from the cellphone port of Final Fantasy IV.
- Rydia's abilities
Rydia allows the user to use the following abilities:
- Flare I
- Flare II
- Flare III
- Rydia RE's abilities
Rydia RE allows the user to use the following abilities:
- Mystic Whip I
- Mystic Whip II
- Mystic Whip III
- Rydia OR's abilities
Rydia OR allows the user to use the following abilities:
- Rapid Bio I
- Rapid Bio II
- Rapid Bio III
- Rydia (God)'s abilities
Rydia appears as a tutor for the in-game manuals. As she did in Dissidia Final Fantasy, she explains Summoning and Summonstones, this time using her adult portrait and sharing her role with Edge.
Rydia appears as a playable character.
A young girl from the summoner's village Mist. Emotionally scarred by the burning of her village, a ruthless massacre ordered by the king of Baron, she initially hates Cecil for robbing her of her home and her mother. But his gentle ways break through her shell and despite the complicated feelings he inspires in her, she will travel with the Dark Knight until she is swallowed by the summoned Leviathan.
Rydia appears as an unlockable character, obtained by collecting Green Crystal Shards. Her appearance is her child form based on her Yoshitaka Amano art.
Rydia's maintains her role as a powerful summoner with strong black magic. Additionally, she has several support abilities to recover the party's health, increase magic and also her own Agility. Overall, she's a solid magic character with great support abilities.
- Type: Magic
- Ability Slots: 4 (2 Reactive, 2 Proactive)
- iOS stats
|Boost (Lv1)||8||Level 15|
|Regen (Lv1)||20||Level 30|
|Boost (Lv2)||14||Level 40|
|Regen (Lv2)||25||Level 50|
|Regen (Lv3)||30||Level 60|
|Boost (Lv3)||20||Level 65|
The last summoner of Mist, the one place on Earth closest to the Eidolons. Despite her sorrowful past, she lives on in courage and fights alongside Cecil, the dark knight who brought about her mother's death...
Rydia returns as an unlockable character, and is now obtained by collecting Peach Crystal Shards. Despite still appearing as a child, Rydia's size has not been adjusted, and she stands at the same level as almost all other characters, unlike Shantotto.
Rydia remains a strong mage with a plethora of spells at her disposal, and although she loses several support skills, she also gains more magic to utilise and the ability to boost her Luck, making her useful for obtaining treasures on both field and battle.
- Type: Magic
- Summon: Bahamut
|Boost (Lv1)||8||Level 5|
|Cry (Lv1)||4||Level 15|
|Boost (Lv2)||14||Level 30|
|Regen (Lv1)||20||Level 30|
|Boost (Lv3)||20||Level 60|
|Level 5 Flare||32||Level 95|
Rydia is a playable character, and is available to select from the beginning.
- Type: Summoner
- Summon: Leviathan
|Lv||Ability 1||Ability 2||Support|
|1||Fire||Boost I||Fast Talker I|
|5||Fire||Boost I||Fast Talker I|
|10||Fire||Cry I||Fast Talker I|
|15||Fira||Cry I||Fast Talker I|
|20||Fira||Cry I||Hero's Rime I|
|25||Fira||Mana Cede I||Hero's Rime I|
|30||Fira||Mana Cede I||Fast Talker II|
|35||Fira||Cry II||Fast Talker II|
|40||Gravira||Cry II||Fast Talker II|
|45||Gravira||Cry II||Mana's Paean III|
|50||Gravira||Boost II||Mana's Paean III|
|55||Firaga||Boost II||Mana's Paean III|
|60||Firaga||Boost II||Fast Talker III|
|65||Firaga||Mana Cede III||Fast Talker III|
|70||Tornado||Mana Cede III||Fast Talker III|
|75||Tornado||Mana Cede III||Fast Talker III|
|80||Tornado||Mana Cede III||Fast Talker III|
|85||Tornado||Mana Cede III||Fast Talker III|
|90||Tornado||Mana Cede III||Fast Talker III|
|95||Tornado||Mana Cede III||Fast Talker III|
|99||Tornado||Mana Cede III||Fast Talker III|
Rydia appears as a summonable Legend. She is depicted in her default Final Fantasy IV child and adult outfits. Her abilities are Chocobo Kick and Radiant Breath.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
Rydia appears as an obtainable card.
This young summoner from Mist has a good, sweet heart, but hates cowardly adults.
Rydia is an exclusive character only available from the Premium Character Shop as a random downloadable content, she summons the Mist Dragon during battle.
Rydia joins the player party as a child. A standard character, Rydia is recruited as the First Time Reward for completing the Record of Fabul in the Realm of Final Fantasy IV on the Classic difficulty track. She has also appeared in The Burning Blade and Twin Stars of Mysidia, where in both events she is also easier to acquire. She can grow into her adult self with the Chosen of Feymarch Wardrobe Record, obtained during A Summoner Grown.
Rydia appears as a vision obtainable through summoning. Her job is Summoner. Her trust mastery reward is Blizzaga. She possesses the special abilities Binding EVO MAG +10% and EVO MAG +20%. She possesses the magics Blizzard, Thunder, Bio, Blizzara, Thundara, Drain, Biora, Osmose, Bioga, Thundaga and Meteor. Her limit bursts are Asura's Wish and Leviathan Guard.
- No. 099: "A young girl from a distant world with two moons. Born to a family of summoners in Mist, she lost her mother when the kingdom of Baron, fearing the power of the Eidolons, razed her home. Initially despising Cecil for his role in the attack, she gradually opens up to her new companion upon witnessing his kindness. Carrying the scars from the loss of her village, she matures as a summoner under the gentle care of Cecil and Rosa."
- No. 100: "A young summoner girl who hails from a distant world where two moons rise in the sky. Pure and true of heart, she suffers a tragedy when her home, the village of Mist, is burned to the ground by order of the king of Baron, who feared the power of the Eidolons. She joins Cecil and his companions on their journey, but is thought to be lost when swallowed by the great Leviathan. Later she returns from the Feymarch, home of the Eidolons, as a woman grown, lending her prodigious powers to her former companions as they face their greatest challenge."
- No. 300: "A young girl who appears in the tales of a blue planet watched over by two moons. Rydia is a summoner, and a survivor of the village of Mist. While journeying with Cecil and his companions, she was swallowed by the great Leviathan, only to later return from the Feymarch as a grown woman. Even as a full-fledged adult, Rydia retained her innocence and strength of spirit; her pure heart enabling her to befriend many Eidolons. She continued using their incredible power to help Cecil and his comrades on their quest, till the very end."
- —Entries for different versions of Rydia.
- Who's Who
- CV: Caroline Macey / Noriko Shitaya
- Age in Grymoire: 16
- Familiar: Mist Dragon
- Notes: Summoner / Researching the Crimson Prophecy / Looks up to Yuna as a role model
- Bad Memories
- Rydia has a paralyzing fear of fire, brought on by the trauma she experienced when a calamity befell her home village of Mist. She lost her family that day, and even now sees the inferno that consumed them in every spark or flicker of flame. And try as she might, she has yet to overcome her phobia.
- Growing Up
- The original Rydia from Final Fantasy IV underwent a rather unique aging process during her time in the Feymarch, but here in Grymoire she has grown up at the same pace as any other girl. As a result, she's a little bit more down-to-earth than you might remember.
- Rydia's mother was also a summoner, which makes the two of them a rarity in Grymoire, where Lilikin do not generally pass on such powers to their children.
- Fighting Fire
- Since meeting Reynn and Lann, Rydia has made great progress in overcoming her fear of flames. She's still got a ways to go, but the healing has already begun.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY IV
Rydia appears on Triple Triad cards in the version playable via Final Fantasy Portal App.
Guest appearances Edit
Lord of Vermilion Edit
Rydia appears as a card and summonable creature in Lord of Vermilion II, along with other characters from Final Fantasy IV as part of a special cross promotion. Her card is Super Rare, and has an Attack and Defense of 35. Rydia's special ability is Hastega. An update of her card reappears in Lord of Vermilion Re:2, the second version of the game. In addition to this, a limited edition of Rydia as a child is also available.
Rise of Mana Edit
Rydia appears as a unit in a collaboration event. Rydia of Mist and Summoner Rydia are units and their ability is Summon Forth. Rydia of Mist can be promoted to Summoner Rydia.