|Final Fantasy XII Elite Mark|
|Bestiary Location||Elite Marks|
|Uncommon Steal||Turtle Shell|
|Rare Steal||Aged Turtle Shell|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||Attack 4-hit max; may inflict Slow, Stone Stomp, Sonic Spin|
|Abilities||Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Dark, Purify, Focus, Flash|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Null Knockback, Damage Reflect, Null Evade, Spellbreaker, HP Devour, Counter, Counter Plus|
If HP <20% - Attack CT 0
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Doom, Confuse, Reverse, Disable, Poison, Oil, Sap, Lure, Berserk, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Haste.|
Rocktoise is one of the Elite Marks in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt can be undertaken after the player returns to Royal City of Rabanastre after escaping from Barheim Passage. Rocktoise was originally a small pet named Carbo, owned by a moogle named Pilika who works in the moogle-operated Technick shop in Bhujerba. Pilika had also kept a snake named Bianca, which still lingers within the shop.
Hunt 34: The Cry of Its PowerEdit
- Petitioner: Pilika
- Petitioner's Location: Bhujerba/Khus Skygrounds
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of a rocktoise (Rank I). The petitioner is Pilika at the Khus Skygrounds in Bhujerba.
- Hunt accepted. Pilika confesses that she was keeping a rocktoise as a pet in secret (its name was Carbo), but it has escaped and has now become quite wild and violent. Carbo is to be found in Site 2 of the Lhusu Mines.
- Rocktoise defeated! Report to Pilika at the Khus Skygrounds.
- Hunt reported. The cowed Carbo has returned, and Pilika intends to find a house where they can both live in peace.
- Genus: Rank I Mark
- Classification: ???
- “Being a great Titantoise that has assumed the Aspect of the Boulders and Rocks amongst which it matured. An unlikely Story, one might think, until one considers that the average Rocktoise grows to Adulthood over the course of several Thousands of Years. This Individual was kept as a Pet until it ran off into the Magicite Mines one day, whereupon It was transformed by Mist into something violent and wicked, and recognized as a Mark.”
Rocktoise will move about slowly to advance on the player. Its physical attacks are strong and attacking it saps the player's HP. When its target is out of reach it will cast level 1 magick. If afflicted with statuses it can cure itself.
The easiest way to defeat Rocktoise is to set gambits for Ally:Any::Reflect and Ally:Any::Dark/Aero/any multi-targeting spell. The player must lure Rocktoise near the entrance, and from there cast magicks. Rocktoise will only cast his weak level 1 spells, while the party bombard him with an onslaught of hits. Hi-Potions can be used to heal when necessary, but it is doubtful more than three will be needed.
Another surefire way to victory is to have only one character out equipped with a long-range weapon (gun or bow) and then run around in circles around Rocktoise. It takes a little bit of practice, but eventually one can get into a rhythm where Rocktoise never stops to attack, and is always chasing the character, but is too slow to catch up with them. The character will take damage from hitting the Rocktoise, but items can be used for a quick heal.
- 1,200 gil
- Hi-Potion x2
- Heavy Coat
Pilika will ask Vaan to retrieve her diary from her workplace if spoken to again after finishing the hunt. The player must go to the technick shop and will be given the choice to read the diary once it is found. After returning to Pilika and giving her the diary, she will ask if Vaan read it. Answering "I've done nothing" nets a Shepherd's Bolero, and answering "Read it" nets a Kilimweave Shirt, a slightly inferior reward.
- The Rocktoise is the only tortoise monster that doesn't have shackles binding its legs.